• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

New to the world of Guzzi

CodeSlow

Just got it firing!
Greetings from Aurora, Illinois, USA. I just joined the club of Moto Guzzi owners last week with my purchase of a 2003 California Special Sport. It needs a bit of work adding some missing parts and replacing worn ones, but I am happy with it so far! I come from a 2012 Suzuki V-Strom 650, so definitely a change in bike type, but I started my motorcycling career on my mom's 2003 Harley Davidson Road King (I know right?!).

Anyways, I look forward to all the knowledge this forum has to offer! Lastly, a picture of the new-to-me California.

20240903_224755.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Hope you’ll add your info to our Registry below. The Special Sport was made only in 2002, so hopefully you have a solid lifter engine. More info can be found on a search here. See you in the Tonti section, and HERE is my adventure with mine. Enjoy/cheers.

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Hope you’ll add your info to our Registry below. The Special Sport was made only in 2002, so hopefully you have a solid lifter engine. More info can be found on a search here. See you in the Tonti section, and HERE is my adventure with mine. Enjoy/cheers.

Then I honestly have no idea which version of 2003 California it is then. That is just what the previous owner told me. I have been trying to get a definitive answer for a few days now looking up the VIN and searching the internet with little luck. I did confirm it was a 2003 though, and the PO said he had the recall done for the hydraulic lifters.

I will check out the registry and your adventure with yours. Thanks for the welcome!

Then I honestly have no idea which version of 2003 California it is then.
Dead give away is the valve covers and the hydraulic lifters. It would be an Aluminum per below. I added my link above and again for you HERE as to what I did with mine. If you post a photo of the rear fender it will further confirm. It would be a 2003 model year. The VIN# will tell us. Look forward to your VIN# and related on the Registry.

MG-California-Aluminum.jpg

Back