• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

new V7III Stone S -- any pics or videos in real life?

To be that right it must be a defective speedo!!! Had a R1100R that was 10 fast at 60 mph. Sold the POS

Anything is possible. I could be wrong, have really only looked once. I'll check again this weekend. I'm usually just around town and avoid highways during the week and rarely use GPS.

My old VN750 was about 5 mph off at 70.

I drove a couple of hours to check out the closest one. I have to say it looks pretty good to me in person. I'm a sucker for that tank -- it almost has the feel of bare metal in person. One surprise: All the pics you see have the full LED lighting system, with an admirably small brake light and the slim LED turn signals, but for a reason that the dealer seemed unclear about US bikes have the same LED headlight, but a significantly larger LED brake light, and the larger, non-LED signals that you see on other V7IIIs.

To me, it's the worst of both worlds. That is, I was sort of hesitant about the stock headlight, just a bit too fancy for me, with the "halo" and separate chambers for high and low beams. Just aesthetically not my thing, I like a more traditional headlight. BUT, the smaller brake light and signals seemed cool. So the US version has the fancy headlight, but then also the larger tail light and larger NON-LED signals. A weird mix...

The store here has the signals that will fit I think (same as NIght Pack), but man I'd like to get rid of that big brake light on the US version as well, and that seems harder to find. Ideally, I'd like to replace the whole lighting system with a halogen headlight and smaller, more retro aftermarket brake light and signals, but not sure how easy that would be.

If anyone reading this has the US version of the Night Pack, what was the set up on that? And have you made any modifications>

The NiPack has the same setup for the signals and tail light. I have a post about it on here. The LED light is surprisingly good at night, I had to adjust mine because it was aimed a little bit too low. I do believe Todd mentioned he can get both the smaller tail light, and signals. I haven't changed anything yet, but the only thing I have planned right now is the turn signals, and hoping Todd comes up with a tidy tail of some sort.

I have a Night Pack. According to some posts from this and another MG forums, the large turn signals and tail light are probably due to the US DOT regulations.
I have just ordered the OEM LED turn signals, but they are in backorder until late November or Early December. I decided on these because they are plug and play with the Night Pack at reasonable price. For the front ones, I need to remove the dash to find the connectors. For the rear ones, I could just remove the turn signal, pull the wire out, and disconnect the plug. I am leaving the tail light the way it is.

As for the LED head light, my only concern is that if it goes bad, it looks like I need to buy the whole head light assembly and it is like $900. I guess if that happens, I could probably go with aftermarket one for less than that.

I drove a couple of hours to check out the closest one. I have to say it looks pretty good to me in person. I'm a sucker for that tank -- it almost has the feel of bare metal in person. One surprise: All the pics you see have the full LED lighting system, with an admirably small brake light and the slim LED turn signals, but for a reason that the dealer seemed unclear about US bikes have the same LED headlight, but a significantly larger LED brake light, and the larger, non-LED signals that you see on other V7IIIs.

To me, it's the worst of both worlds. That is, I was sort of hesitant about the stock headlight, just a bit too fancy for me, with the "halo" and separate chambers for high and low beams. Just aesthetically not my thing, I like a more traditional headlight. BUT, the smaller brake light and signals seemed cool. So the US version has the fancy headlight, but then also the larger tail light and larger NON-LED signals. A weird mix...

The store here has the signals that will fit I think (same as NIght Pack), but man I'd like to get rid of that big brake light on the US version as well, and that seems harder to find. Ideally, I'd like to replace the whole lighting system with a halogen headlight and smaller, more retro aftermarket brake light and signals, but not sure how easy that would be.

If anyone reading this has the US version of the Night Pack, what was the set up on that? And have you made any modifications>

I own the Stone S. But it sounds like you already ended up seeing one in person. You are right about the lights, I actually posted about that in a thread around here after mine showed up that I had ordered. I already have the European led turns sitting at my dealer to get installed when I do my first break in service. (About 100 more miles). They cost about $200 to order from Guzzi. As for the big tail, you are right on that too. The lamp itself seems to have to be ordered as a whole piece on the fender or something else weird. My plan anyway is to eventually do a rear fender delete so I’ve decided not to worry about it.
My other thoughts are that the bike itself is a head turner. EVERYONE asks me what it is and comments on how good it looks. That satin tank is beautiful and I love it, BUT it is ridiculously fragile. It scratches so easy it’s not even funny. I made the mistake of trying to take off the fueling sticker with a small plastic scraper (exactly like a credit card) and it scratched the tank the first day I had it. I was pissed (Mostly at myself) But apparently it is impossible to fix without either a new tank or a refinish. Now the scratching can only be seen from certain angles and in certain light but it’s something to be aware of. I’m actually going to have it wrapped in matte clear 3M film over the winter.
Overall I’m glad I waited and ordered the S.
If you want to know anything else or have me take that video let me know.
Here are a couple of pics of the scratching. And what the 3M wrap will look like on the tank. Left is matte, Right is gloss.
Edit: I can’t seem to post pics let me see if I can post links.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y6GKLrS69uCk1y359

8nGWaJvGtkwaKAXv5

beSpHks47ziHW4vg6

Last edited:
I own the Stone S. But it sounds like you already ended up seeing one in person. You are right about the lights, I actually posted about that in a thread around here after mine showed up that I had ordered. I already have the European led turns sitting at my dealer to get installed when I do my first break in service. (About 100 more miles). They cost about $200 to order from Guzzi. As for the big tail, you are right on that too. The lamp itself seems to have to be ordered as a whole piece on the fender or something else weird. My plan anyway is to eventually do a rear fender delete so I’ve decided not to worry about it.
My other thoughts are that the bike itself is a head turner. EVERYONE asks me what it is and comments on how good it looks. That satin tank is beautiful and I love it, BUT it is ridiculously fragile. It scratches so easy it’s not even funny. I made the mistake of trying to take off the fueling sticker with a small plastic scraper (exactly like a credit card) and it scratched the tank the first day I had it. I was pissed (Mostly at myself) But apparently it is impossible to fix without either a new tank or a refinish. Now the scratching can only be seen from certain angles and in certain light but it’s something to be aware of. I’m actually going to have it wrapped in matte clear 3M film over the winter.
Overall I’m glad I waited and ordered the S.
If you want to know anything else or have me take that video let me know.
Here are a couple of pics of the scratching. And what the 3M wrap will look like on the tank. Left is matte, Right is gloss.
Edit: I can’t seem to post pics let me see if I can post links.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/y6GKLrS69uCk1y359

8nGWaJvGtkwaKAXv5

beSpHks47ziHW4vg6
Thanks! I appreciate the response and info. So sorry about your scratched tank.. That really would ruin your day.

As it turns out I am currently not in the market for a Guzzi. I have a Bonneville with engine trouble, and I had just about decided that it was not worth the labor cost to get it fixed (bent valves, and some other internal damage); but I have found a salvage engine that looks like it will work to switch out, for much cheaper. So, if that ends up working then I will probably stick with the Bonneville; if not, then I think my next move is back to Guzzi, in which case it will be a Stone S! Good luck with your tqnk...

Dayum !!!
There must be something you can use to buff/polish it ?
Sorry I missed this. But apparently the problem with satin finish is that if you buff it, it becomes gloss. So I would have one spot where it was gloss with the rest being satin. That’s the bitch of it.

Back