• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

NGK SB05E plug cap replacement

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
They must need both plugs firing but would have thought one would have still been ok?
It has to do with coil resistance. The motor will not run well if either plug boot has failed. We've done many in my shop where both snap trying to get them off, despite every effort to avoid it. The NGK SB05E or F (threaded head only) is a good replacement.

SB05E is correct. No longer made or available, so they are like gold.
Yes
I picked up 4 of them just for the heck of it and then read that SB05"F" was the correct one for the 1400 but I found this chart and found out for sure that "E" were the correct ones being the plugs for the 1400 have solid/fixed terminal nut.

So I just tried a search, and I’ll do a little more digging, but “Firepower” brand seems to offer the SB05E under the same part # 8374 below. If we can get them our parts supplier, I can put them on the GTM STORE.
I wrote (Nitek) NTK, when they took over NGK, to plead with them to reconsider making them as they discontinued the part #. I’ll revise this if I find that they have.

IMG_2723.jpeg

So I just tried a search, and I’ll do a little more digging, but “Firepower” brand seems to offer the SB05E under the same part # 8374 below. If we can get them our parts supplier, I can put them on the GTM STORE.
I wrote (Nitek) NTK, when they took over NGK, to plead with them to reconsider making them as they discontinued the part #. I’ll revise this if I find that they have.

View attachment 37416

I just received two of the Fire Power plug caps and other than being about 1/4 inch shorter they look the same as the NGK.
Bob

NGK has 5KΩ printed on it (per below) - Do you have a digital voltmeter? Check the ohms end to end and let us know.

IMG_2778.jpeg

Todd, one of the other websites selling these new parts has a spec sheet listed in the photos and it states 5000 ohm resistance. I can send you the link via email if you want so I'm not throwing competitor websites on here.

Back