• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Non-Italia parts topic drift V100

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
I am 100% convinced that all of these annoying issues, which seem to be wildly random, as some units have already 10,000+ miles with ZERO issues and many others like mine are plagued with issue after issue, can be sourced directly to the now widespread use of garbage Chinese components.

The breaking rear shocks are a prime example.

I’d wager that all of these components that have exhibited failures, are 100% Chinese made crap!

For me, this is the last new “modern” Moto Guzzi I will ever purchase, and if they don’t get it sorted out straight away, she’s going to be leaving the Moto Migliori pretty damn quick.

I am just throughly disgusted at these unbelievable issues. All because of this asinine globalization horseshit.

When are companies going to realize that getting in bed with the Chinese is the kiss of death. You will get screwed over every single time by those smiling bastards who do nothing but lie lie lie.

Not just Chinese parts but Japanese as well and I've just noticed that the ignition coils are made in Turkey!

Not just Chinese parts but Japanese as well and I've just noticed that the ignition coils are made in Turkey!
Genuine Japanese built parts are usually really reliable. My wife's recent cars have all been Lexus and they've been the most reliable cars we've ever had. The most unreliable in the last 10 years was a BMW.
Chinese ones though can be disgraceful. We used to have a British supplier of maritime safety equipment who shifted production to China. They closely monitored the products for the first year and all was well. Unfortunately they then assumed all was well. By the end of the second year their reputation was trashed. Life buoys which split and sink aren't exactly fit for purpose! Chinese manufacturer had substituted inferior materials and production process to make more money regardless of the product quality. Company ended up returning production to UK but now has to deal with a diminished reputation plus cloned substandard copies of their products.

@scottmastrocinque - Scott, I really hope this will sort the bike once and for all for you. About 26 of the first 52 days I had my V100 were spent in the shop (granted, most of that was stripped down and waiting for a $25 dollar part)… but, still, aggravating. So, I feel your pain. The good news, for me anyway, is that it has been a good bike since - actually doing the typically Guzzi thing of improving with time. I’ve taken multi-night trips, and finally don’t feel that sense of angst when leaving the house. (I hope saying that isn’t the kiss of death!). Hope your next update is a big👍! Good luck, Scott!

Thank you very much.

The dash issue was a known problem in some units but I was erroneously under the impression that they knew which units were affected.

Mine has the exact same problem.

I am 100% convinced that all of these annoying issues, which seem to be wildly random, as some units have already 10,000+ miles with ZERO issues and many others like mine are plagued with issue after issue, can be sourced directly to the now widespread use of garbage Chinese components.

The breaking rear shocks are a prime example.

I’d wager that all of these components that have exhibited failures, are 100% Chinese made crap!

For me, this is the last new “modern” Moto Guzzi I will ever purchase, and if they don’t get it sorted out straight away, she’s going to be leaving the Moto Migliori pretty damn quick.

I am just throughly disgusted at these unbelievable issues. All because of this asinine globalization horseshit.

When are companies going to realize that getting in bed with the Chinese is the kiss of death. You will get screwed over every single time by those smiling bastards who do nothing but lie lie lie.
After 4,500 miles of "almost" flawless operation, my V100 is headed to the shop next week for its mysterious coolant disappearance. There are no visible leaks or overheating, but I have to top off the coolant reservoir tank with about 4 to 8 ounces of coolant every 400 miles. Hopefully, it's just something minor. The service manager has already forewarned me that if it's something like a head gasket the parts would have to come from Italy. I'm not exactly sure what that means, but I certainly hope it doesn't mean a couple of months. I'll have to wait for the problem to be diagnosed before I'll know anymore.

• Wow
Reactions: BDS
1dane,
What that means is the parts needed to do possible top end work are not warehoused in the USA, and may not even be available in Europe.
Very annoying.

I've been waiting for some service parts since late April. Meanwhile, warranty clock ticks away.

Moto Guzzi usa needs to up their game on parts stock & availability or they can kiss the water cooled market goodbye.

A website that shows quantity on the shelf & price. I can do that with Honda. Suzuki, Triumph, even KTM parts!

Annoying customers like Scott is very bad, he has strong influencer creds that can make or break business.

I think that the country a part is manufactured in is immaterial. The contracting party (Guzzi in this instance) must ensure that products meets required parameters, and should have a quality control function that checks periodically as their neck is on the line.

Back