• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge Cruise, links all here,* w/ added info*

zoom zoom

Tuned and Synch'ed
Some have been following this. I thought it might be helpful to consolidate the links to each installment.

Scroll down to the pics I added. Installment 1
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 44&id=5941

Installment 2 is the mounting of the cruise servo and the routing and connection of the cable that connects to the throttle.
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 44&id=5942

Installment three, vacuum canister.
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 44&id=5943

Installment 4, electrical.
https://www.guzzitech.com/index.php?op ... 44&id=5944

Finally, I ran into a wall getting the brake disengage feature working properly without causing trouble with the lights. Wayne Orwig was very helpful with this. Cutting the brake light wire and placing a diode in line between the tail light and back forward, prevented the low voltage from back feeding. (FYI, a diode is an electrical "one way valve". It is directional.) What I ended up doing was to solder a piece of wire on so that I could get both ends out into the compartment by the servo. Using a connecting block, I put the diode in with the brake feed, brake lead to tail lights, and the control lead from the servo. It was the yellow wire with a green tracer. However, I located it on one end of the plug, not the middle as the diagram shows. Verify this wire with a volt/ohm meter with the tail light assembly DISCONNECTED. You should see 12 volts when you grab the brake lever. DO NOT USE A TEST LIGHT FOR ANY TESTING. I am told it could be detremental to the computer. Use a meter. The relay I used is a common GM relay available at any parts store. I didn't find out its regular application, but I still have te box and will investigate. The magnetic coil of the relay is what connects to the brake light wire. The other side of the relay will use the normally closed connection to route the servo control lead to ground. When the coil is energized, the ground connection is broken and the cruise releases.

I may add some notes as I finish up. If I do, I'll add an edit below my signature so that it can be easily found. This is a nice installation. All you see is the switch that controls the unit. Everything else is concealed. It works well, holding the speed within 2 mph up and down hills. The GM relay was 6 or 8 bucks, the diode, in packs of two run .99 cents.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Edit 1: All the power leads of the cruise servo were tied together and put on a switched power feed. Fuse A in the block was used. This is the fuse block located by the tool compartment. I determined which side is the feed into the factory fuse and tapped into the wire before the fuse. (The unit has its own fuse) I selected this feed wire because it powers a variety of accessories, which would probably not all be in use at any one time.

Edit 2: Diode: 1N4001. comes in packs of two at Radio Shack. One needed. 99 cents.

Edit 3: Common GM relay. Borg Warner, but number should be all you would need. R3177. 10 bucks at Advanced Auto Parts.

Edit 4: I tapped into the left coil. It is the Green/ Orange wire. I was able to unbolt the coil and then unplug the plug. I brought the plug up top as best I could where I tapped into said wire. After I had the wire attached, I put it back down where it came from, plugged it back into the coil, and reattached the coil to its mount.

Edit 5: When you remove the rear cover from the cruise servo, you will find an LED, a plastic jumper, and 7 dip switches. The jumper gets removed. The dip switch settings are: 1, ON; 2 thru 6, OFF; 7, ON. The LED is used for some static testing prior to road testing.

Nice job John! Thanks so much for posting them here.

Hey John Henry!
Any updates in the Audio Vox Install?
I'm following this with great interest, and look to follow in your footsteps.
Thanks for being the guinea pig!;)
Murphy

Murphy, forgive me for not getting back sooner. To answer your question, the installation is complete. It has been working on my Norge for a year now, taking time out for winter. I'm looking forward to using it more this year than last. With the addition of a Russell Day-Long saddle, I'm hoping to turn it into a real mile muncher.

Zoom Zoom,
John Henry

Back