• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Norge or Griso broken Fuel pump elbow

draidt

High Miler
GT Contributor
I seem to recall that some one here had broken the red plastic elbow fitting coming out of the bottom of the fuel tank on either a Norge or Griso and had found a suitable replacement for it. Does any one remember that post or am I finally getting senile ? I have a parted out good pump but the dufus tearing it apart just cut the red fitting after the gray pullback one. It would make life easier if I could replace it now before I need the pump rather then swapping out the pump parts now instead of when and hopefully never the need arises.

No you're not going senile, I remember that post to, but for the life of me, can't find it.
I'm sure whoever it was, ended up fitting a metal right angle instead of the horrible red plastic thing, but can't remember the details, sorry.

I don't remember that post but at our shop we have tried many times to salvage the fittings from dead pumps. Success rate is very low, maybe one in three. They are designed to be non-removable.

Dan, there is/was a post that someone installed a brass elbow with good success, outside of loosing the "no drain" option when disconnecting. Did you break yours or ? There's now one available;

RacerX wrote:
Dan, there is/was a post that someone installed a brass elbow with good success, outside of loosing the "no drain" option when disconnecting. Did you break yours or ?

No, I did not break it. I won a fuel pump on E-Bay from a parted out Norge (and many other parts), The Dofus who pulled the pump just cut the red elbow off. So if I ever need a pump I would either come up with a new connector or just reuse my old plate and transfer the pump parts to it.

It sounds like its the post I put on the old board last year.

I broke the so called quick release conector on my Breva while removing the tank for a routine service, the photos show the replacement parts.
The brass elbow came out of the ‘odds and sods box’ of my local auto parts supplier, I think it was originally intended for use on the braking system of a large truck. I had to drill the remains of the old plastic elbow out of the hole and tap it for the new elbow, I don’t recall the sizes though.
The blue fuel line connector was given to me by a mate who’s an engineer dealing with light aircraft.
I’ve no longer got a none-return valve in the system so I tend to put a hose clip on the line before undoing the blue connector, once its undone I have an end cap which screws on to seal the line.

Unfortunately I can’t suggest where you could get these components apart from doing as I did and taking the old plastic elbow to a parts supplier to see if they have anything you can work with.

Give Tom Newell (Don Newell Motorcycles, Deshon Street, Brisbane [google him]) a ring /em. He has some brass elbows for sale and should be able to help out.
Can't remember whether the ones he showed me were for the Norge or VII Lemans

This is what I recorded when I owned a Breva.

Fuel spigot Aprilia AP8104192, for a Pegaso 650 IE

Ford Fiesta. Ford p/n for the red elbow is 1330 328

Perhaps this one?

There's one on the GTM Store too;

Back