• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Not Good. No wait, never mind - a blessing in disguise.

jbhotchkiss

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT di Razza Pura
Riding my new V7 Stone home from the dealer last month I experienced a "juddering" sensation at speeds above 45/50 mph, kind of like riding over large washboard ridges. Rear tire/wheel or suspension issue?

Rear tire over-inflated, so I adjusted to spec.
Suspension felt VERY stiff, so I made the only adjustment I could - preload - full soft.
Test ride - same thing.
OK, there are no weights on the wheel, so maybe the damn tire wasn't balanced when it was mounted.
Removed the rear wheel/tire and had a local shop check it out - balance good, but he (shop owner that does the work) told me that he could see that the tire is out of round. WTF?

So I get all pissed off thinking about a warranty claim nightmare for the damn tire.
But I settle down and start thinking about what I really want in a tire - RADIALS! - not these price-point - bias-ply - made-in-Thailand Michelins.
So to the GuzziTech forums I go, and several good discussions lead me to decide on the Bridgestone T32. Same size in the rear, but the 110/80 - 18 in front. Quick plug for MotoSportDotCom - no charge for shipping and each tire arrived in its own box! Haven't experienced that before.

So far so good. Haven't ridden the newness off them yet, but they do feel different (better) than the stockers.

Anybody want to buy a Michelin Road Classic 100/90 - 18 with 154 miles on it? The rear tire is going to the dump!

And by the way, should I assume that same-size radials have the same inflation specs as bias-ply?

So to the GuzziTech forums I go, and several good discussions lead me to decide on the Bridgestone T32. Same size in the rear, but the 110/80 - 18 in front. So far so good. Haven't ridden the newness off them yet, but they do feel different (better) than the stockers.
And by the way, should I assume that same-size radials have the same inflation specs as bias-ply?
Disappointing OE QC on the tire, but not at all surprising.
You may have went opposite of what's needed on the suspension. The V7/9 Series are HORRIFICALLY under-sprung and too softly valved for most average adult riders; I've said this hundreds of times here. SET THE SAG PROPERLY! ;)
Tires: Wait until you get some miles on them. Yes, same tire pressures as stock tires.

Back