• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Professional ITI Speedometer Repair!

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
Hey Everybody,

My recent purchase last year, a 2009 California Vintage, had the dreaded bad speedometer problem.

The factory unit is NLA (No longer available) and many people said that the unit could not be repaired.

NOT TRUE!

This gentleman repairs all sorts of instrumentation and motorcycle speedos, including vintage stuff.

It is not cheap ($298) and includes return shipping with exceptional packing to protect it.

He did a fantastic job, replaced many parts, and guaranteed the unit for 1 year.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Mr. Joel Levine
610 S. Chattanooga Street
LaFayette, GA 30728

(800)456-6267
(404) 219-0594

joellevinecompany.com

4575ACC8 5F07 4874 834A 3ADC420C1775

NOT TRUE! This gentleman repairs all sorts of instrumentation and motorcycle speedos, including vintage stuff.
Nice find Scott! Always good to have this info here.
I know this assembly has mostly plastic internals. Do you know if he replaced it with the same or is it more durable post repair?

John Z here gave me this info for UK owners; speedycables.com/instruments/gauge-repairs-conversions/

Thanks Todd!

Love sharing resources.

Joel actually replaced cheap broken plastic parts with quality Japanese metal parts! He even called me to discuss what he did. Also even replaced some cheap mounting screws with quality ones from Japan.

That’s why he guarantees them for 1 year! (On a 12 year old speedo in my case).

I also have a good guy that repairs speedos in the SoCal area and that is "Joe's Speedometer" in Reseda, Ca. Now it has been 3+years so, I haven't checked on whether he is still in business but he restored my 1970 Ambassador's speedo in excellent fashion for $250. His services might have gone up but, check him out if you are in the SoCal area.

Previous   1 After resto   1

Thanks for posting Scott. Very helpful for those with older analog units. I had a problem with my 2014 California dash and found ONE place that could resolve it; Carmo Electronics in The Netherlands.

Looks like Levine works with only the older analog instruments.

You can repair them yourself if you are careful. The odometer drive gears from the Ducati ST2 and ST4 speedos fit our Guzzi ITI units. The attached picture shows the removed gears (both of which are metal) on the right and the 'new' blue gear assembly installed after all the debri from the old gears has been cleaned out. The Ducati gear at the speedo head is a different design but the same pitch etc. You can see in the pic that the gear has teeth running for the full length of the spindle parallel in the drive area then slowly tapering to the pivot point. I will be interested to see how long the replacement gears last. My original speedo gave up at 10316 miles. My doner NOS Ducati unit cost £39.

Attachments

• Speedo repair.jpg
    Speedo repair.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 36
You can repair them yourself if you are careful. The odometer drive gears from the Ducati ST2 and ST4 speedos fit our Guzzi ITI units. The attached picture shows the removed gears (both of which are metal) on the right and the 'new' blue gear assembly installed after all the debri from the old gears has been cleaned out. The Ducati gear at the speedo head is a different design but the same pitch etc. You can see in the pic that the gear has teeth running for the full length of the spindle parallel in the drive area then slowly tapering to the pivot point. I will be interested to see how long the replacement gears last. My original speedo gave up at 10316 miles. My doner NOS Ducati unit cost £39.

It would be very helpful if you posted the part number you purchased for that price, and I don't suppose you took pictures of your swap out?

I have no idea if the repair you did is the same as was done to my unit. Possibly, but it very well could be different.

It's always nice to have multiple solutions. Thanks!

Palo Alto Speedometer repair in Palo Alto, California also repairs Veglia speedometers. I've used them on three occasions and have been completely satisfied each time.

Jason

Palo Alto Speedometer repair in Palo Alto, California also repairs Veglia speedometers. I've used them on three occasions and have been completely satisfied each time.

Jason
I have used them also and they do great work.

Last edited:
Hey Everybody,

My recent purchase last year, a 2009 California Vintage, had the dreaded bad speedometer problem.

The factory unit is NLA (No longer available) and many people said that the unit could not be repaired.

NOT TRUE!

This gentleman repairs all sorts of instrumentation and motorcycle speedos, including vintage stuff.

It is not cheap ($298) and includes return shipping with exceptional packing to protect it.

He did a fantastic job, replaced many parts, and guaranteed the unit for 1 year.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Mr. Joel Levine
610 S. Chattanooga Street
LaFayette, GA 30728

(800)456-6267
(404) 219-0594

joellevinecompany.com

View attachment 19750
It sounds great. Seriously he did a great job

Jason
As a Palo Alto resident, I can assure you that Palo Alto Speedometer has been around for ages, and have a top notch reputation for high quality speedometer repairs. My wife's uncle came all the way from Arizona to have them restore his Jaguar E series speedo and was ecstatic.

Joel repaired my 2003 CA EV1100 ITI Speedometer at about 20000 miles. He sent me the gear that wore out as well. So I can vouch for his work and he is still in business. My bike currently has about 32000 miles on it. As a matter of fact I got Joels name from a fellow Guzzi rider that had his ITI worked on. I just saw this posting Re: Joels work...did not know he was referenced in this forum.

Back