Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Radial Tire Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Mar 26, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Louisv97

Louisv97 Cruisin' Guzzisti

it drops the rpms a tad bit as well when cruising on the highway. it's the main reason i went with a 90 in the back

2. Dinsdale Piranha

Dinsdale Piranha Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

Recalibrate your ABS and that'll be about all you'll notice. Not much point really.

3. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Hi All;

I just got back from a wonderful 13 day, 3800 KM ride through BC and Alberta and am in need of a new rear tire. The rear tire has almost no center groove left and is looking a little squared off. I am thinking of the Continental Conti Road Attack 3 as the replacement, but am wondering if I have to replace the front tire at the same time.

The bike has 12,400 KM on it and the front tire has a fair bit of life left, so would like to give it another season before replacing.

What is the prevailing theory on this?

Thanks

hody166 likes this.
  4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Do it. You can mix and match with no issues, though a matching pair of the CRA3s is two thumbs up.

hody166 and Mayakovski like this.
  5. Mayakovski

The plan is both CRA3s, but only have the budget for one right now. Thanks

6. Mayakovski

Geeze, this is not nearly as straight forward as I had thought.

These tires are listed as tubeless, but the V7 III's all use tubes. Does that mean you can use tubes with a tubeless tire?

Do I want Bias or Radial?

Do I want the load/speed index to be 65H or 65S?

Thanks

7. GTM®

You want radials, and tubes can be used. I do recommend a tube rated for use in tubeless tires (they are thicker). This has been done for decades with zero issues.

Mayakovski likes this.
  8. GTM®

For those looking for a chunky deep-tread radial... I just installed a set of Bridgestone BattleAx Adventure A41 set, 110/80-18 & 130/80-17. I won’t stock them, but they are only a day or so away for my SoCal customers.

A91F86BE-6226-4DCA-976E-B5610BD1E359.jpeg 7E3FBA75-5008-4307-BC10-3A008A297EE8.jpeg

hody166 likes this.
  9. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

I've been running them for a month and am very please. Price is right too

hody166 likes this.
  10. Mayakovski

Just finished a 300 KM ride on my new rear Continental Road Attack 3 and WOW. So much better grip, the bike feels more stable and plated, but the big surprise is the sharp edge from bumps and jolts are gone. The bumps are still there but they are no longer spine jarring. I did not expect a new rear tire to make such a difference. So totally worth the money. Can't wait for a new front one next season. :)

hody166 and Wildroamer like this.
  11. DeadEye

DeadEye GT Reference GT di Razza Pura

Huh, I was thinking now that the spokes don’t go through the rim, and are attached on those flanges they could run tubeless?

Oops those aren’t MG rims, my son’s V-Storm has the new spoked rims.

Attached Files:

12. hody166

hody166 Just got it firing!

Todd, I have a 2016 V7II Racer and I am sure I read on one of your posts that you recommend the RCA3s Front - 110/80 - 18, but the original size is 100/90-18. Is this a significant difference and why the difference? Love to hear your thoughts. Cheers.

13. GTM®

It’s a a little wider with a better (shorter/stiffer sidewall) profile, and it’s Z rated. Just a better overall tire.

14. Chrisfer

Chrisfer Tuned and Synch'ed

110/80 R18 is an alternative size also recommended by Guzzi.

GTM® likes this.
  15. GTM®

Good on Conti to offer a flat service on many of their tires (tubeless applications only). I try to keep these in stock at my shop for all fellow V7 SoCal’ers.
    D8A5D560-8E7C-4420-8F51-C3A3285C262E.jpeg

Mayakovski likes this.
  16. Mayakovski

Got that on the rear of my V7 III. Very happy with it. Front comes next year.

17. PepperoniBros.

PepperoniBros. Tuned and Synch'ed

Why do some V7iii's have a front fender that is way above the tire like this bike? Mine was like that so I cut the fork brace down as much as possible but it could still be closer. Most V7's that I have seen have better fitting fenders.

18. GTM®

The smaller/wider profile creates that gap. The 100/90-18 tire is taller.

19. PepperoniBros.

PepperoniBros. Tuned and Synch'ed

I'm running the 100/90 but the gap has always been large, I've only seen a few bikes like this.

AA1E29CC-ECF2-4999-863D-270EFF5A9720.jpeg CBD830F7-A1AA-4AE3-9AC5-4292E014CB22.jpeg

the second pic shows the cut down fork brace, lowered it maybe 1/2”.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  20. GTM®

Non-stock fender (what from?), and your new tire is certainly smaller than the Pirelli. You can compare the exact overall tire sizes on each website I'm sure.