• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Required tool for 2021 and up V85TT Crank Position Sensor

Hughbie

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Dayton, Nevada, United States of America (the)
Hello,
This is my first tech post in a forum such as this so go easy on me.
I want to post this info up here so others will not lose time like I am. My 2022 V85TT Adventure died on me in June. I took it to the dealer for warranty repair. It was throwing a CPS code. MG approved the repair and sent the kit which includes the flywheel, stator and crank position sensor. The dealer called me yesterday and informed me that MG did not send them tool # 021055Y Pick-up fitting template. Price for this tool is $195 U. S. This tool is required to set the air gap between the flywheel and the CPS allegedly. There are none available in the one and only Moto Guzzi warehouse in the US which is in Georgia. In case you don’t know MG will not ship stuff by air from Italy like Ducati does. I have been informed they only send it by boat. Once it arrives at the Georgia warehouse they send it 2 day. So the dealer informs me it will take 4 to 6 weeks to get the item minimum.
** This tool is not listed in the Factory Service manual at my dealer. That is the same manual we download at the Cadre site.
** I called many dealers in California today and they didn’t know about the tool. One dealer looked in his software that allows him to see what parts and tools 80% of the dealers in the US have in stock and none of them have this settling fixture.
** IF YOU KNOW of a workaround kindly post it up.
(I tried to post this to previous crank position sensor threads but the button was grayed out)
image_1.jpeg

You are on a website that has specialized in things like this, and if you read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, you will see it stated.
We can source it for $100 in 7-10 days via the CONTACT on the (GTM) STORE tab at the top of every page.
Typically if you pull the sensor and replace it with the exact OE spacers or gaskets, all is good. We’ve done dozens this way at my shop on modern small blocks.
As stated top of every page also, do not post hyperlinks here to our competitors.

Hi Todd,
Sorry about that. When I got no hits in my search engine for the tool stateside I assumed they were only available from EU. Wish I had found the tool on your website. Clearly search engines are not omnipotent.
Good to know about the sensors, that is if we trust the factory shim job. I have half a mind to toss the 2022 CPS and put a 2019 or 2020 flywheel and CPS on there. We’ll see how she works after repairs are complete.
Thanks for your patient tutelage. I’m from the show me state.
Best, Hughbie

Sorry about that. When I got no hits in my search engine for the tool stateside I assumed they were only available from EU. Wish I had found the tool on your website. Clearly search engines are not omnipotent.
It’s important to read the top scrolling paragraphs and section headings. I will communicate like this here, less and less, about things we can offer on our sister site, GTMC. You missed my point, we are a small business, and not a dealer, but as such, we are usually much more proficient; This site has been here for 23+ years helping owners. Specialty tools like you ask for are so highly unlikely needed, that we cannot show every available product on our website. All one has to do is email us via the STORE link above and ask. We get dozens of inquiries per day.

that is if we trust the factory shim job.
Your bike was running prior to the sensor failure. Swap and go. KISS theory applies here. Set up on the new VVT version may require some new complexities. Your ‘22 isn’t that.

Best to you with everything.

I still find it remarkable that any shims are needed at all with :-
A) accurate injection moulding methods
B) modern multi axis machining centres

Just tell the machining centre to put the mounting surface where it needs to be for the sensor to operate within its range
😳😳😳😳

Back