Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Retro style helmet discussion!

Discussion in 'Dumpster Fire' started by Luca Alessandro, Mar 2, 2021.

1. Luca Alessandro

Luca Alessandro Just got it firing!

Ciao ragazzi!

I'm in the market for a new (retro) style helmet. All these new vintage-inspired offerings from various vendors have gotten me excited. I want to see which brands, models, and styles inspire my fellow Guzzisti! Please feel free to post any photos or links to helmets you own or are looking to purchase!

Hope this kicks off an interesting thread. (and if one like this already exists, I apologize, please point me in that direction!)

I'm personally loving the Torc T1 design helmets. Reminds me of that 1960s Mercury astronaut style. I'm thinking either the 'Americana Tron' or 'Jailbreak' models.

torchelmets.com/t-1-helmets

2. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

There’s now tons of retro helmets on the market. Some aren’t worth their weight in pennies... Poor fit, finish, quality and noisy. You’ll also want to consider parts cost like shields and hardware as they will come apart, unlike more modern helmets.
    I/GT are a dealer for many brands, including Bell’s Bullitt shown below. Bell is a long time solid company. I never put any on the site because I literally had zero interest, but I am set up to deal them. You can see them all here; bellhelmets.com/motorcycle/c/street-bike-helmets/
    Ping me direct email if interested; Info @Guzzitech.com

11F20577-8A37-416E-8E7E-39D16ABF0642.jpeg

3. Luca Alessandro

Luca Alessandro Just got it firing!

ammmazinn! Thank you Todd! Going to look through these now.

4. rupert8s

rupert8s Just got it firing!

I personally like the Classic Jet helmets with racing stripes.

5. davewrites

davewrites Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

I’m getting on board the MIPS train and will be upgrading my helmet this Summer accordingly. Also, I’m may prioritize ECE over Snell ratings. DOT is never enough and if I find a bucket that’s ECE approved with MIPS, I will probably purchase my first non-Snell motorcycle helmet.

Now, let’s go see what Bell is serving up this year…

<fingers crossed for a MIPS Bullitt!>

6. ajwooster

ajwooster Just got it firing!

Anyone have any experience with the Nexx XG100?

7. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler GT di Razza Pura

62F22ECA-CBAA-4697-B673-7D64167A0608.jpeg 7DED76D4-47A0-4AD9-85FC-0CDFCE25FC14.jpeg
    These are old style 70/80’s Formula 1 looking

8. scottmastrocinque

scottmastrocinque Scott Mastrocinque GT Famiglia

I'm with Todd in that I think a lot of these retro helmets look cool, but there was a reason that they didn't survive. They simply aren't that good of a design where it counts. I do admire them as artwork though. Very cool indeed and oh so fun to look at. I always thought that this RIOT in 2 tone black and white, would look so bitching on my California Vintage, especially with the black and white factory seat combo, but the sacrifice of safety and comfort far outweigh style.

F08BDC27-5FA5-4A0C-8D2F-8E66570C85D2.jpeg

Having been nearly killed in an accident where the helmet took such abuse that it actually cracked right down the middle, yet held together and did it's job beautifully, I tell everybody who cares to listen, if it fits your head shape, there is simply no finer helmet than an Arai. Handmade, premium everything, and outstanding quality and support.

john zibell likes this.
  9. DeadEye

DeadEye High Miler GT di Razza Pura

2$ Head - 2$ Helmet...
    Other than my first Dirtbike helmet - ive had Arai or Bell.

31X4etZA1CL._AC_.jpg

Last edited: Aug 19, 2021
  10. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Yes, I have some decent seat time with them, and I'm a dealer. Fit and finish is nice, but it's noisy and hot. If you want one for a coffee shop run, it'll work. I wouldn't recommend it for long term, high speed riding.

GTM-015-Nexx.jpg