• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Revival pic thread - Did'ja Rebuild?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonerjockey

High Miler
GT Contributor
I've seen some great pics of rebuilds and restos in different threads. How about a thread of just those?

I'll start off:

My V7 sport. Bought "basket case" on Ebay and "rested" for 9 years in my shop/garge in boxes etc.. It was apparently in someone's shop for years as all the goodies were picked over.

Before:

DSCN1008.jpg

1 year later:

May62008.jpg

I'll post the Eldo when I find the Before pics...

Tonerjockey

Re:Didja Rebuild?

Here's the Eldo. This took some time... about a year and a half. Takes a couple of days to dissasemble....

Before:

9dGuzzi.jpg

After... whew.

Done.jpg

The Lemans is next if the stock market allows...

Tonerjockey

Re:Didja Rebuild?

That Eldo came out gorgeous. I can only hope my Ambo project comes out half as good.

Well done.

That V7 in the first post is pure art.

Oh MAN!

GREAT pics!!!!
Very encouraging.

Talk about the dead coming back to life. That T3 is something else.

And that V1000 never looked so good NEW!!!!!

Congats on fabulous work guys.

Now I wanna do another.

Tonerjockey

Here's the next project. It's in pieces at the moment. Took the engine part way down tonite, and found the dreaded peeled chrome bores. So it looks like the full monty on the motor. The rims, frame and tank were all in spectacular shape though. Here it was just before being stripped to pieces...

Picture011.jpg

Still in the middle of mine. As found:

Barn_fresh1.jpg

Barn_fresh2.jpg

Barn_fresh18.jpg

Insides:

left_cyl.jpg

Same bike at Road America in 1982. Winning:

dave1_web.jpg

And at Daytona in 1981. Winning:

madison1_web.jpg

Thanks to Pete I have another cylinder, and Charley Cole has the trans right now. Still a long way to go.

Its hard to believe someone would let a bike like that fall into such disrepair! Especially with a racing history. I'm glad its going to be brought back to life!

guzzibob wrote:
Sahms, do you (or anyone else) know who the riders are in those pix?

Yes. In fact I interviewed and photographed them both with the bike in as-found condition. When I ever get the bike up and running I plan an article. The RA photo is Dave McClure, one of the founders of Cycle Specialties of Athens, GA, who later was hired by Harley and helped develop Lucifer's Hammer. The bike came with the placque he won at Road America, which he signed and gave to the then-owner of the bike.

reunited.jpg

The guy who won at Daytona is Madison Cox, a local here in Knoxville. He normally rode a Ducati 900ss.

There's all kinds of great stories around that couple of seasons, right before BOTT was purchased by the AMA.

Hey Good luck on that LeMans. Looks like it's all there... should make the resto cheaper.... HAW HAW HAW!!! So far I've not discovered how to do a nice restoration inexpensively. EVERYTHING just costs more.

Looks like a great find. Post the results when they happen pls.

Here's a shot of my LeMans... when you finish yours and still wanna keep going gimme a call and I'll "let ya" do mine...:dry:

LeMansApril292007.jpg

Tonerjockey

No she's not in bad shape.....

Everything is there, all original. Both have been sitting there for 25 years. The guy has been blowing oil into the cylinders so hopefully I won't find much trouble there. Most of the work is cosmetic.
I'll be posting questions on the tech side of this site.

One question though, could one of you fine folks post a picture of the right side cover where the grommet is and particularly where the brake rod passes through. I need to repair mine in this area. thx

Sorta off topic... is there a forum for pics? I sure could use one sometimes.

My right side is bustakated but I'll post these just in case they can help.

Sidecovers2.jpg

Sidecovers.jpg

Sidecovers3.jpg

Tonerjockey

WOW! What an amazing job! Congrats fotoguzzi.

Would you happen to have any pics from the inside of the headlight bucket? I am restoring a G5 Police from a Vetter fairing to stock and am attempting to route that wiring harness correctly.

I think the harness from the instrument panel enters the headlight bucket at the round hole in the bottom. The wiring in the bucket connects to the outside world via the 3 molex connectors. ????? I have a new bucket but don't have the orig. I guess they cut the orig up when installing the Vetter because the cables arn't cut..

Harness.jpg

Again an awsome job foto.

Tonerjockey

Sahms wrote:

You turned a round-fin G5 into a square-fin SP1000? Wow![/quote]

not quite Sahmms, I put a EV motor into a Convert then covered it w/SP and EV parts.. It was not an easy job, since I run the ATF pump off the cam.. and modding the flywheel for the sensor was trick. before you ask why bother I'll answer you, Because I can... Even the great Roper didn't think it could be done and I did it!
imagine being in bumper to bumper for miles and never having to touch a clutch!

IMG_0573.jpg

Toner, I'm using EV wiring and a non stock headlightso mine wouldn't help. But yes the molex connectors fit the square holes in the bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back