• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Ride Chat in VA

Bill Hagan

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
FWIW, I and AJ Howard -- another Guardia guy -- will be riding through or near Bridgewater next week en route to a Guzzi gathering at Tellico Plains, Tennessee, with an overnight in Princeton, W.V. We use SR 42 for much of that annual run.

If you have the time and inclination, happy to buy you coffee when your way.

If interested, call or text me at 404.EIGHT-ZERO-EIGHT.848SIX, or email to wrhagan AT earthlink.net.

Bill

P.S. Gerry, as I am married to the Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess, I am ecessarily obliged to use OEM air filters, as they are made in Poland. :clap::h:

More V85's in the valley, great! I'm right down the road in Lexington.

Yes, another Guzzi in the Valley! I work in Bridgewater, but my wife and I are currently renting a place in Staunton/Verona. We almost bought a place in Churchville the past week but backed out. We should hear today if our offer on another property in New Hope gets accepted, or declined. We love this area! We've been in Virginia almost 2 years, but have only been up in Staunton for 3 months. We were just down in Lexington this past weekend for the bit of festivities going on down main street. Lexington is a cute town also. Our first year and a half in Virginia was down by Smith Mountain Lake. We like it up here though. If we wanted life by a lake we would have stayed up in Michigan by Lake Superior and Lake Michigan. Its all beautiful but we prefer the mountains and valley life 🙌

Glad @GerryAZ cleared up the missing seal concern.

I just did the 12.4K service on my '22 V85 Oreo Guard and was curious, given the chatter among V85 folks about "poor air box design, etc.," how much debris of various kinds might be in the air box.

Answer: Not a visible mote.

The several fasteners take care of any plastic irregularities.

Reinstallation went swimmingly until one of the lower clips -- #13 "spring" -- disappeared into the nether regions. Many curses later, I found it with a flashlight and contortions on the floor. Retrieved it with a magnet. Had worried that it had gone into the TB. :swear:

FWIW, I and AJ Howard -- another Guardia guy -- will be riding through or near Bridgewater next week en route to a Guzzi gathering at Tellico Plains, Tennessee, with an overnight in Princeton, W.V. We use SR 42 for much of that annual run.

If you have the time and inclination, happy to buy you coffee when your way.

If interested, call or text me at 404.EIGHT-ZERO-EIGHT.848SIX, or email to wrhagan AT earthlink.net.

Bill

P.S. Gerry, as I am married to the Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess, I am ecessarily obliged to use OEM air filters, as they are made in Poland. :clap::h:
Thank you for the replies and offer for coffee! What day were you thinking about coming through? I can't guarantee that I can link up with you guys next week, but I would to in the future. So far my only riding buddy is my wife. At the moment she's riding my farkled DR650 while her TW200 sits. We might sell the TW. Up in Michigan she has her 2018 Himalayan and I also have my 2018 XT250. I might sell my XT250 or DR650, I can't decide which. It'll be tough when the time comes.

I look forward to meet some more Guzzi owners in the Valley!
20240622_161510 (1).jpg

Thank you for the replies and offer for coffee! What day were you thinking about coming through? I can't guarantee that I can link up with you guys next week, but I would to in the future. So far my only riding buddy is my wife. At the moment she's riding my farkled DR650 while her TW200 sits. We might sell the TW. Up in Michigan she has her 2018 Himalayan and I also have my 2018 XT250. I might sell my XT250 or DR650, I can't decide which. It'll be tough when the time comes.

As for the airbox, I might be overreacting a bit. I know it's probably not to big of a deal at this point, but I'm glad I caught it now. I bought the bike used but it was basically brand new, and it just sucks to know the engine was taking in fine dust. The V85TT feels great on gravel roads and doesn't get the attention it deserves for the category. It's a capable bike and is a great "do everything" motorcycle. I almost consider it more of a scrambler and ride it as such. Its a blast in the twisties, and then its a hoot on the forest roads! Moto Guzzi did a good job with the off road mode and custom mode. At least the V85TT remembers the mode after the key is turned off, unlime many other more popular bikes. I just want to trust it off pavement and not constantly wonder if it's sucking in dirt. At least I have a good air filter for it and should be able to remedy the situation. I had one of my side retaining clips pop off also, but at least it fell all the way to the floor. On one rivnuts for the side panel popped out of the tubing though. Not a big deal and I'll be able to fix it.

I look forward to meet some more Guzzi owners in the Valley!
View attachment 37588

Apologies for the delay in responding tp your wondering about when we might be in your AO.

Typical BS of excuses, but one good one is that a friend rode down from Rochester on his EV just to do it. Happily, while here for a couple of days, he also helped me install a new side stand on my V85. [The OEM was WAY too tall; new one is OEM, but chopped and re-welded]. That's Bob in pic.

i-WzMQCNK-L.jpg

Anyway, a HOT (as you know) day yesterday, but, with our spousal units quite distant, so of course we rode, Bob on his "newer" white EV, I, on my sweet old '98 HDM EV.. :clap:

i-VLsRcqK-L.jpg

i-8NBKsSZ-L.jpg

As -- finally! -- in answer your question ... erm ... dunno ... time, anyway. Day will be Thursday, 5 September.

Seriously, see link for route.

Cross Junction to Bridgewater

90 miles; 2 hours. I've done that many times, and the time sounds about right. Weather outlook is great (fingers crossed).

The unknown is departure time from here, which rarely goes to plan. Assuming a 9 a. launch, my best guesstimate is 11:30 a.

If you text my mobile number (see prior post), I can ping you on launch and share location (tho maybe that lonly works with other iphones.

If it works this trip, great; if not, another time v... or just ride up here.

Best,

Bill

Man, I would SO love to meet you guys and ride up the Valley with you; my favorite group and my favorite (well, one of many!) riding area.

But my youngest son (and recent Norge owner/rider) Alec will be in the hospital having the big operation for colon cancer (8" to 12" bowel resection) and we HOPE no lymph node involvement, so that's where I'll be for a day or two.

Otherwise, we'd probably BOTH be there .... Next time, then!

Lannis

Back