• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SC-Project V7 exhaust experience?

Kyle Lamson

Tuned and Synch'ed
anyone had any experience with the SC-Project stainless 2-1 exhaust for the V7? Looks pretty good but I'm not finding a review anywhere. The company's reputation is obviously good, just nothing on this application. Price is appealing.

sc-project.us/moto-guzzi-v7-full-system-exhaust-mg01-c37a.html

I have them installed on my bike and I love the way they look and sound. I especially like the way the bike looks on the "empty" righthand side. I personally keep the baffle in and it sounds nice even when riding with earplugs and a fullface.

They are much lighter than stock and along with a BMC filter and reflash from Todd the bike runs like a top.

Some nitpicks, the instructions are not written correctly where the exhaust mounts onto passenger peg hangers, I had to refer to the pics on the SC website to install correctly. My can came with a welded endcap instead of riveted as shown in the pictures, and the circlip that held my baffle in snapped when I tried to take them off on a cold morning.

Honestly with a bike like ours, it's perfectly fine to chase style over performance and if you like the looks I highly recommend it.

oxYiQipHIxP8-TlKb0OTHbUhJm0RDdEOcppiVl652oYNEANfNjzgbRktyh3UCIm89Kw1HVpFnrEy_JOD72O-7sQ1JVA-mhAZa3Wm0n-HnQO_zOZEXYmMObOJEZQdtMm7O2sMvd067JzxQ2yjPYCVR3d3D6F-8fO0Kw9Gq_MpKWvDDhoNQiiZ-N8bBp5ey311Dw3SXMhcC-vu-kkyRIjwxOMpIiZmtOvveTwE1vmascgvjuhesMdnbDPTbJP4LVORA8NXXALR3PYZGgeEfw8xZQoDeUEuDaNdmj3eUOdM2JYlDtpdJpjBWbHHHA8pKPaJpfYmeRbFCV-C-NDOgHjAAF9H5AlUonmTMPTZN_8cf1Sg7uwVW_J4FR3rVCsw5pbSjsfuAAkLo4sN-mR1AunrXpsPBmxZ8wGkGfDjJ5SgOjxPK-dshfH05UNKuRGhT-aodwWMP7gX0D-s1j02K4Njg994BbVKuM17PEwEqPahn_2ZRy0bmOwHMtmMirk8O71OnQB_s2MtZUZv3OfquaLge37ccEJqNCJGtn_Oa7yXrKWb2YI2V2TkduRPAfGATzVS3DJoSiMQFwGV1p435YxcCRs47MmfZ7sQZiOYBMCIAwpyvV-3=s703-no

Thanks for the photo. That looks a lot better than I thought it would, sometimes loosing exhausts makes a bike look very bare.
AndyB

I have them installed on my bike and I love the way they look and sound.

So I went for it and was able to get going on the installation tonight. I specified 2014 V7 Racer in the order but they aren't lining up quite right. I notice in the SC-Project images they are not actually on a Racer, and are using the regular hangers. The tab on the can isn't lining up with the Racer exhaust hanger. Have to contact them tomorrow.

Do you find that the pipe coming from the right side over to the left is really close to the engine? Mine is touching a drain bolt on the side of the oil pan and right in contact with the oil pan itself.

One other ?; Did you leave the lambda sensor taps plugged or reroute them to thread into the new exhaust?

Thanks!

So I went for it and was able to get going on the installation tonight. I specified 2014 V7 Racer in the order but they aren't lining up quite right. I notice in the SC-Project images they are not actually on a Racer, and are using the regular hangers. The tab on the can isn't lining up with the Racer exhaust hanger. Have to contact them tomorrow.

Do you find that the pipe coming from the right side over to the left is really close to the engine? Mine is touching a drain bolt on the side of the oil pan and right in contact with the oil pan itself.

One other ?; Did you leave the lambda sensor taps plugged or reroute them to thread into the new exhaust?

Thanks!
Mine are installed on a 2013 stone but according to AF1 they should fit the racer models (but even they recommend buying the hangers with passenger pegs to preserve canister angle), there shouldn't be any contact with the engine or oil pan, make sure the downpipes are routed correctly with the lefthand side going underneath the righthand side and make sure everything is fitted loose until all the parts are lined up and ready for final tightening/install.

As far as the lambda sensors I originally had them rerouted so that they could reach the pipes but after i got a remap that turned off the lambda I plugged the holes and ended up tossing the sensors.

Hello :)

On the SC project website that exhaust is noted only for the V7 I . I have seen it sold as compatible with the v7 II (and even the v7 III). This video show it mounted on a V7 II but the owner of the video doesn't answer :

- Does anyone have any idea if this exhaust is compatible with the v7 II (special from 2016 EU) ?

Or if there is any difference between the v7 I and II concerning any exhaust mounting points or something ? (As I see all other manufacturers exhausts are always compatible between v7 I and II I kinda suspect there is any).

- Do I need to replace the small Gasket ring between the cylinder head and the pipes ? Does anyone know if the kit comes with new ones or do I need to order them separately ?

Thank you in advance for your help :)

I actually have this system installed on my 2013 V7 Stone. The overall bare look on the one side is pretty neat. Also noticed a significant increase in throttle response when paired with a higher flowing air filter. Only gripe with the exhaust is that the factory O2 sensors needed to be moved to the front headers as the bungs were both welded at the front of the headers, closer to the block. Outside of that, my exhaust has a slight rattle as though an additional baffle may have come loose. Great overall sound though.

IMG 20190523 185354 20181216 123243 IMG 20190421 121720

I actually have this system installed on my 2013 V7 Stone. The overall bare look on the one side is pretty neat. Also noticed a significant increase in throttle response when paired with a higher flowing air filter. Only gripe with the exhaust is that the factory O2 sensors needed to be moved to the front headers as the bungs were both welded at the front of the headers, closer to the block. Outside of that, my exhaust has a slight rattle as though an additional baffle may have come loose. Great overall sound though.

View attachment 17177 View attachment 17178 View attachment 17180

I had the same rattle noise on throttle and found that the exhaust springs lost tension and were vibrating and hitting the y-connection midpipe, I replaced them with some spare Moose Racing springs I had laying around and the rattling disappeared. Over time the new springs also started making noise so I got some Akrapovich springs with the silicon shield on order.

Back