• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Service Codes

john zibell

Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Moto Guzzi Service Codes:

Breva 850 & 1100 -- 36421 or 36424; With joystick: 28315

1200 Sport -- 36421 - For models with button control, (i.e. like the Griso set-up) --OR-- 28315 - for the 'Joystick' type (like the Norge/Breva 11 etc.).

2007-10 Norge 1200 2V & 2012+ 4V -- 28315

Griso 850 , 1100 & 1200 -- 12425

Griso 8V -- 12425

Bellagio -- 21959

Stelvio -- 10695

1400 California -- 34534 With special thanks to kiwi dave

Two questions: 1) How do you enter the service code?

I have an '09 Stelvio and when I turn the key to the "on" position, the dash display the message "Remember to insert your user code". The message does not prevent me from starting the bike.

2) Is the user code read from the key?

The user code is different from the service code. It is entered so that if the system doesn't recognize your key, you can enter the user code and the bike will run. Entering the user code is in the menu system. See this link http://www.servicemotoguzzi.com/public/ ... 202008.pdf page 59 if you don't have your owners manual. Instructions are on page 67, since you don't have a current user code, put in what you want. Most use the service code so there is one less number to remember.

Service code is entered to get DTCs and to reset the service icon. This is under the diagnostics area in the menu system.

THANKS JOHN, I'll see if I can enter a new code. Since the book does not go into any detail, when you are entering a code, are you just using the mode button to toggle through numbers and letters on the display? -Patrick

Also a question about the personal code. When I got the bike and started it the first time the display asked to enter a personal code.
So I did no problem. I forgot all about it (not the code). But I wonder when I need that personal code or whatfore?
Maybe when I have to enter a new key? :S
Never used or needed it, but I can't find any info about it.

Ciao Dolf. :)

pkubitz wrote:
THANKS JOHN, I'll see if I can enter a new code. Since the book does not go into any detail, when you are entering a code, are you just using the mode button to toggle through numbers and letters on the display? -Patrick

Yes, see the first paragraph on page 59.

kiwi dave wrote:
Not that it currently affects me, but I wonder about the code for the Griso 8V. It is six digits, all the others are five.

Typo perhaps?

I read it somewhere? In the manual perhaps, can't remember, but 12425 works fine for my 8V.

Pete

Hi John
I didnt know my breva 11 had a joystick, what do you mean?
I have to reset the service code as the spanner is now appearing on the dash instruments yet service was done 1100 miles earlier
than scheduled due to holiday in ireland and wales.

Sorry to ask

Steve

Steve: Use the button to reset it. The button you use to toggle through the menu items is the same one for inputing the code.

I thought that all Brevas used the Joystick control but seeing Jon's in LA last week i realized that some of them have the Griso type button set-up.

The 'Joystick' type is the one where you have one sliding switch in the middle of the cluster that can slide left and right and be depressed in the centre position.

The 'Button' type used on the Griso, (And obviously some Brevas!) has a three way sliding switch that says 'Mode' and 'Trip 1' and 'Trip 2' or some such. and then a button on the FRONT of the switchblock just beneath the clutch lever.

Pete

pete roper wrote:
The 'Button' type used on the Griso, (And obviously some Brevas!) has a three way sliding switch that says 'Mode' and 'Trip 1' and 'Trip 2' or some such. and then a button on the FRONT of the switchblock just beneath the clutch lever.

Pete

My Breva 1100 is exactly as Pete describes above.

yep can confirm my 2005 breva 1100 has button type with a sliding switch - mode 1 and 2 etc.
36421 worked a treat, just like those digital watches in setting up, length of time you press the button and number etc. just like morse code. lol.
thanks everyone
looking for another guzzi to join the breva, either a 650/750 twin or california type to modify/restore :-D

Cheers
Steve
Suffolk GB

Hi All

I was recently contacted by a chap who bought his bike second hand from a so called dealer without books or all the keys.
He has no idea of his bike"s user code. Any idea whether ?or not he can access that info?

Also he had another key cut and doesn't know how to have the chip in the key recognized by the bike to allow it to start. Any ideas?

Thanks AllanK

Which model?

The service codes for each model are listed on the first post of this thread. This cannot be changed, afaik. The personal user code for each rider, which is required to program new keys, is often set as the same as the service code for simplicity.

However, the owners and workshop manuals are available here: https://www.guzzitech.com/MGGriso/Manuals.html

Thanks for the reply. His bike is a Breva. I think that it is a 1100 but could be a 750. But I don't suppose that that matters.

AllanK

Back