• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Speedometer / Cluster no light no activity.

DeadEye

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Sunday morning, I went for a short ride on the V7 - everything seemed fine !

Last night after dinner decide to go for a ride and when I turn the Key - you hear the fuel pump trigger - But Nothing showed on the Speedo / Instrument cluster, No needle sweep, no neutral light. no ABS lights - No Millage - Nothing...
I drove it around the crescent like that , It seemed to run Ok , back to the house - off / on / off / on - Nothing on the display.

Check the ECU connector - melted my glove a bit :wasntme:
Took the Instrument cluster apart remove / reseat the connector, On / off / on /off - no change ?

DUh !
Is there a fuse for the Instrument cluster - I'll go hunt later.

According to the wiring diagram:
Fuses

C-15 A
MIU G3 CONTROL UNIT
"ENGINE STOP"
INSTRUMENT PANEL
IGNITION
INJECTION LOAD RELAY

D-5 A (+battery)
INSTRUMENT PANEL
TURN INDICATORS
PRE-INSTALLATION BLUEDASH

Thank you Sir,
indeed no turn signals - but looked like Headlight was on and is started and ran so D-5 A look likely - But Why ???

Late when I got back from last nights ride...
Was threatened with that ll' be the LAST Ride your going on... 😰

D-5 A (+battery)
INSTRUMENT PANEL
TURN INDICATORS
PRE-INSTALLATION BLUEDASH
So it was that Fuse, and I have an idea of where there was friction.
While I was taking things apart - I decided to do the fuel filter ( 3 years after i bought it ?
:wasntme:
)
IMG 0010 30

It was a bit tricky to get out - my Big black finger had to Gently press that hose in to allow me to get that end of the assembly out of the tank.

IMG 0011 30

There was still some gentle finageling after that, But what Goes in MUST Come out !
Now on to Short Hunting !

Last edited:
Going out to get a fuse or two and the Locktite 518, ;)
( I guess Ottawa is a tiny burg,, no locktite other than thread licker local, 518 + Tesa harness tape coming from Bozo.)
Poping Over to Ask a Wrench with a Question :)

Last edited:
So, for my first trick, I’ll be looking for wear through spots in the harness in place.
( talking to my self :) )
Ok - maybe NOT First - with the battery disconnected - I can used a meter t o check for shorts between the signal light wiring, to try and isolate which *run* has the issue.
I guess I'll be focusing on the signal lights, but for the wires leading up to the Instrument cluster the issue could be anywhere along the harness between the fuse and the display unit.
The last option will be to remove the wiring harness completely :eek: for inspection…

Last edited:
I knew there had been some shenanigans with the tail light when I lost the running light one evening…
3BB57029 BD70 4264 9268 D8E6F6D1A6BB

But it looks like they had “Bigger plans” for the rear end…but who knows what ?
Why grind those bits off ?

8C7AF1AF F460 4756 B214 44D21CDF56B1

I picked up a rear assembly from a take-off bin from someone cheap, I’ll finally be making use of that purchase

302C129A 11F3 4D54 866B B7DE4C227820

The reason I’m back there is that I was getting continuity between ALL the pins from the connector when I unplugged it and tested !
I’m tempted to re-connect the battery and test fit a fuse to “see if she blows” with the back harness disconnected !

Ok, that’s back together “the way it came from the factory “ con cromo :rofl:

020B6ECF 0708 4ADE AC41 FA23D18DB058
I think they tried to relocate the light/license frame :devil: and failed !

Connected battery - rear harness not connected = No Poof
Connected harness = No Poof
Can I turn it on, with no instrument cluster attached ?

Last edited:
When I was looking at the wiring diagram, some circuits seemed to go “through the Instrument cluster” on their way to their destination :D Like the directional indicators.
So maybe no blinkers without the dash ?

🔥@#&*$%$&¥£€§ !
Power Off , turn Power on with NO Instrument cluster, Power Off - no problem.
With the Power Off - plugging in Instrument cluster - Pfffsssst - fuse #3 poof
So either it’s in the wires powering the Instrument cluster
OR
The problem is in the Instrument cluster $$$$$

Someone had to be First - it was Not I -

Back