• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Cast Wheel Heaven!

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
Hello,

Just finished installing the Moto Guzzi cast wheels for my 2012 Stelvio NTX mated to some excellent brand new Shinko 705’s! Great tires by the way.

Why did I wait so long to do this? Spoke wheels are such a pain in the ass!

Bought them from Todd here on the shop. Great price and plug and play!

All I had to do was swap the ABS rings and rotors onto the new wheels. You will also need 2 air valves (8mm !!!) but I just harvested the ones from the wire wheels.

Also, I added the MOTO GUZZI wheel decals you can see in the photos. I love the new look!

This will be so much easier to clean and keep clean!

Here are some quick photos but when I get her washed later today or tomorrow, I’ll post better wheel photos!

I think I will be selling my wire wheels so PM me if you are interested as I will be listing them on the forum soon.

CB58A43D 5A0A 4D42 873D 1DBFDFEC6E6B

6A3446C1 C5FC 4EC6 9EE3 EB3543FA7111

1B6BB918 ACD2 41E5 A24C 16AE35363065

B14D2E66 30A4 4C77 B075 4B53F2DAFA96 1B035A13 3767 45B6 8BD8 A2EFA758B667 02EFEEEE 3F64 4126 9E62 97397004956D

Last edited:
Looks great. I wonder if the ride will feel any different?

Thanks Mayakovski!

I’ll let you all know soon!

Right now, the windshield is off and we are ready to do serious battle with the country bugs who committed suicide on the front of the bike! Wash time.

I am DEFINITELY a cast wheel guy! Love the look!

Last edited:
I am debating what will look better, silver or black.

Attachments

• 22F9D793-8892-4304-9262-9910DEAF069F.jpeg
    22F9D793-8892-4304-9262-9910DEAF069F.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 12
Very nice looking wheels !
If they are lighter it will make a difference in the suspension and performance!
( based on the physics related to unsprung weight , whether a human will be able to notice a difference is another story ;) )

I find the silver wheels to be beautiful and the ride is the same as spoke wheels but to my butt, the bike feels more planted somehow.

I love the ability to clean the cast wheels easily. That was the major reason for me. I like clean equipment.

Do you know What the difference is in weight of the spoked vs. cast alloy wheel ?
Steel spoked wheels are pretty heavy !

Looking for A reliable source vs. the general internet:
Wheels represent the largest proportion of a bike’s unsprung weight – lighter wheels mean better suspension reaction plus faster steering due to less gyroscopic effect at the front. A typical pair of sports bike wheels tip the scales at 12kg. Carbon-fibre wheels are 7kg, magnesium composite wheels are 9kg.

I didn’t think of the gyroscopic effect :eek: I was only thinking of the weight !

Last edited:
Looks nice, I have owned a 09 with spokes and now a 14 with cast wheels, both look good I think but cast is definitely easier to clean.
I have noticed a big difference in tire wear mostly on the sides with the narrower tire. 4-5000 on the rear with the 150 vs 7-8 on the wider 180, be interesting to see if you get similar results
Edit: I did have an A spec Pirelli Angel GT with the 180 , it's not available in the 150 so the stiffer sidewall might be it??

Last edited:
Is there a reason why you couldn’t put a 180 on the rear with a cast rim?

I have noticed a big difference in tire wear mostly on the sides with the narrower tire. 4-5000 on the rear with the 150 vs 7-8 on the wider 180, be interesting to see if you get similar results

LOL. I think I am one of the weird ones in motorcycling because I don’t really care how many miles I get out of a set of tires. If they are worn out, I change them. Some of my motorcycles I tend to rip up the tire rather fast, others, are more relaxed riding and the tires last longer.

Also never understood the 180 tire fascination, other than aesthetics…

LOL. I think I am one of the weird ones in motorcycling because I don’t really care how many miles I get out of a set of tires. If they are worn out, I change them. Some of my motorcycles I tend to rip up the tire rather fast, others, are more relaxed riding and the tires last longer.

Also never understood the 180 tire fascination, other than aesthetics…
Yes, it would only be aesthetics. Isn’t that 80% of a Guzzi?

Back