• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Stelvio NTX 2010 Model - wow, what an improvement

Gordon

Tuned and Synch'ed
Though I'm a committed Griso rider I have been trying a couple of other new Guzzis of late.

This weekend I've been lucky enough to blag a 2010 model (the Silver one) that's Moto Corsa's demo bike for a few days before it comes to end of demo period and gets put up for sale.
I have previously tested an ordinary Stelvio for fair distances but I'm amazed how much better the new one is.
It is a much smoother ride than the previous Stelvio (that was a 2009 standard model) and no mid-range hiccups that I have experienced before.
It's done about 900 miles so is pretty much run in and has had its first service so it's running accordingly.

I reckon I could ride it all day without any aches or pains.

Compared to the Griso, same engine, different mapping but the same eager wrist on the throttle, I get a good 10mpg (UK gallons) more than the Griso which makes me happy.
Haven't taken it off road yet though my driveway is ankle deep in gravel chippings in places and it runs over that very easily; nearly fell off a Norge on same surface so a very noticeable improvement.

Quite tempted by it.
Will need to get the missus to signoff as pillion; that's always the yes/no factor here.
Will get that test done tomorrow with luck before I give it back on Tuesday..
Any comments from those who take regular pillions?

Cheers
Gordon

Apart from an awful choice of colours, a narrower rear wheel, extra lights and luggage I fail to see how the NTX is such a big improvement over previous models. A few people have mentioned mid range hiccups, my '09 model runs smooth enough, I didn't realise I'd bought such a heap of carp. :roll:

I'm about 6 weeks into silver 10 NTX ownership and I just can't keep my backside off it :D

The B11 hasn't been touched since I bought the Stelvio!

Technically was there any major changes compared to the 09?
Cams differ....new mapping....suspension ....?

All 2010 8V motors are A8's. New cams. Dunno about mapping on the Stelvio but on the Grisos I think the mapping has remained the same butwith the A8 motor it works straight out of the box.

Pete

I receive the Stelvio 8V on October 09. The dealer made the tappets / cams swap as per recall.
I'd guess this upgrade would make it an A8 version motor like the 2010 models ... or am I wrong?

With the VDST I looked at the map version .... STV8V18
Maybe someone can confirm if this be the latest version map?

Thanks

:D I have the 2010 model and my wife rides pillion often! She likes it, we got the top box with back pad.. very nice. No complaints.. I on the other hand am going dump and rebuild the stock seat.. Me lady then gets a rebuild as well.. This should make things even beta! :p

One thing though, although the bike runs well they are still just as tight with the grease at the factory as they always were.
I took the rear shock linkage apart and the bearings and pins were barely covered, but now they are properly packed and should last years. :)
Afterwards I glued a flap of inner tube to the back of the swingarm so all the crap thrown up by the back wheel is kept off the linkage.

Danpez: Nope! It's not the latest map. The latest is STV8V52. I've had the 18 since Mar.09 despite being told it was up to date. Just checked my self and got the 52 installed, by compatriot, ex of dealer where I bought. Who happens to have his own up to date Axone. He installed the 52 map, what a difference !! Just like Mr. Roper says. Better idle, more midrange ,less farting, revs freer. It will make a huge difference get the 52 map!
FBC

Back