• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Stelvio or Mandello

Gazdok

Cruisin' Guzzisti
I need to look for a new bike after I was hit by a car and my Breva will more than likely be written off.

I would like to get a comfortable bike rather than a sporty hard one.
Reading on the internet I think it might be a Mandello S or a Stelvio. I am not sure about the PFF radar one.
I am veering towards the V100 S because I read it has a more comfortable suspension regardless of whether it is electronically adjustable than the standard V100.
I also want heated grips, hand guards, a rack for a top box and a decent screen and centre stand.

Has anyone ridden both the V100 S and the Stevio and is able to compare?
My local dealer does not have any demonstrators at all.

We had a local Demo Ride at our dealer, and I was able to ride them both, in addition to my 09 Stelvio.

If for two up riding I'd pick the Stelvio because it just has more room on it for two people.

If it were just for me riding it, I'd buy a V100.

Lannis

@Gazdok I’ve ridden all variants of both bikes. Ended up buying Stelvio PFF and added centre stand, heated seat, grips and engine bars. Might go back for a quickshifter and adaptive cruise (still not available 8 months after UK launch).

When I first rode the Mandello in Oct 23 I was grinning and full of joy. At the end of an hour though my lower back was hurting. Loved the engine and handling, couldn’t cope with the riding position. Also thought both S and non-S suspension was too hard for my preference and the turning circle too large. LOVED the engine though.

Decided to wait for the Stelvio and this April I hired one for six days with my girlfriend two-up in Gran Canaria. Excellent two-up touring bike. Bought one in June to replace my Multistrada.

The suspension seemed harsh at the outset (see Stelvio suspension thread in this forum) but it’s now mellowed. The bike continues to grow on me after 4k+ miles and I’m more attracted to take short rides for fun than on the Ducati.

Having said all of that I think you’ve got to at least sit on one of each, check the riding position, seat height and turning circle. See what your heart says too!

Thanks for the replies.

I did sit on both, standard V100 and Stelvio. "Playing" around with them on the shop floor I did think the V100 did not turn much. The standard seat on the V100 felt harder and I like more bits on the Stelvio. I would prefer the Stelvio with a road set up of the wheels. I never had an offroader.

Dude, there is NOTHING off-road about the Stelvio, just like there is NOTHING off road about a GSA or dare I say, a Katoom 1290 Super ADV R. BTW, the WP shocks on the latter suck. …Did I say they suck? To be fair, the suspension on ALL of these bikes sucks for even the mildest gravel roads, -if driven hard.

That said, the Stelvio can carve like a mother if you have the co - jones.

It can also “not fail you” if doing mild gravel roads.

Point being, it’s a street bike through and through hyped to be something more.

That said, it’s the best fucking bike I have ever owned.

the rest, and there were/are many, though perhaps more subject matter specific and for the most part remarkably good at what they where built to do, are nevertheless “toys”.

The Stelvio is the genuine article.

Dress it up or dress it down as you prefer, but the platform is the real deal.

Back