• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Stelvio Wheel Compatibility:

Road Damage

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hey All,

I did a few searches and surprisingly couldn't find this info:

Are wheels from a 2009 Stelvio compatible with a 2013 Stelvio?

Also, are we still able to source the cast wheels for a 2013 Stelvio?
The places I searched looked to be out of the cast wheels.

Thank You!
RD

Don’t know about compatibility as my Stelvio is a 2012.

I do believe the cast wheels are NLA. Todd had them in the STORE for many years. I bought a set which I love, but I’m remembering something about their being all gone now.

Did you do a SEARCH function before posting new?

As stated in my first sentence, I did attempt some searches.
Tried all the key words that I thought might yield something ............ nada.

I ended up reading wheel related threads (a few of them were yours) for about an hour, and never found the info that I was looking for.

I'm a new Stelvio owner and would ideally like to have a pair of cast wheels for road tires, and keep the OEM spokes for more dirt/gravel oriented tires. It's a system that I've used for several hundred thousand miles on GS/GSAs and it works well for me and where I live. It's also great for tire management.

Thanks for the info.
RD

No worries! I would check with Todd (GTM) to see if he has any more cast wheels or a source for them. They show out of stock but they may be NLA.

I believe 98% that the earlier Stelvio used the same wheels and Todd would know for sure. There is a picture in earlier post from a 2009 Stelvio owner who put the cast wheels on his bike (he posted a photo) so I’m pretty darn sure you can.

NOTE: In the text in the store, it says ALL MODELS, so now I am 100% sure!

Use the CONTACT link. Todd is really good about getting back to STORE related questions. BTW: He’s NO PHONE, all via email.

GOOD LUCK! 🍀 👍

Last edited:
UPDATE: 09/30/2022
Here's what I ultimately found while searching for a pair of cast Stelvio wheels.

The AF1 website said that they had both front and rear cast wheels available.
So I ordered a pair of them.
The next week I was notified that the front wheel WAS NOT available, but that there were some rear wheels still available ....... in Italy.
So I decided to go ahead and order a rear wheel and continue my search for a used/new front wheel.
The rear wheel arrived yesterday.
It was only $291 ...................... brand spanking new.
And here it is.

Fullsizeoutput 1042 Fullsizeoutput 1043 Fullsizeoutput 1045

If anyone out there knows of a cast front wheel for a Stelvio that's available ........ let me know please.
Thanks, RD

I wish you luck on a front wheel. Those are usually the first damaged in a crash. Since you are a contributor you can place a wanted in the classified. Possibly someone switched from cast to spokes.

Last edited:
UPDATE: 11/03/2022

It appears that I've probably now used up all my Powerball Lottery Luck .................. on Stelvio wheels! LOL

In my search for a second set of wheels I had contacted a fellow in SoCal that I heard was parting out a dead Stelvio.
I told him my story about finding a new cast rear wheel, but still needing a cast front wheel to match it.
Shortly after that he heard of an international traveler that was in the SoCal area & was getting rid of a cast front wheel.
He took the initiative and contacted the guy, and long story short I'm the new owner of a cast front wheel for $100 + shipping costs!
I'm continually amazed at the helpfulness and interconnectedness of people on these motorcycle sites! THANKS BOB!
And here it is:
Pretty nice condition for a well used wheel.
Runout and bead seating surfaces all look great.
I'm going to be proactive and replace the bearings and seals just so I'm starting at a known baseline.

So NOW I'm looking at options for front brake rotors ........ any of you guys/gals have any rotor suppliers (aftermarket or OEM) that you think do a great job and are competitively priced?

Thanks, RD

Attachments

• AC936A2B-6C0E-45E4-810E-82C082C32CFD.jpeg
    AC936A2B-6C0E-45E4-810E-82C082C32CFD.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 5
  • E77740F3-766F-4B4B-AF19-9E3282B1B9E1.jpeg
    E77740F3-766F-4B4B-AF19-9E3282B1B9E1.jpeg
    122.7 KB · Views: 5
Thanks for the reminder about the store.......... I tend to forget about it being part of this site.

So I just put 2 rotors in my GTM Store Cart and was checking out.
Then shipping was calculated at $87 for 2 rotors to Northwest CO!! Holy cannoli! 🙄 😬
My cost to ship the same on my wife's low volume FedEX account was $16.
So I cancelled the order.
I sure don't mind being a little charitable and philanthropic, but I can't be completely wasteful and irresponsible with my bike $. ;)
For you folks that shop at the GTM store regularly, is there something shipping-wise that I was missing?
Are there any shipping discount codes for site supporters?
Something just felt off about it so I double-checked the addresses, etc.
From the information that I saw, it seemed like that was the correct shipping cost.
RD

Thanks for the reminder about the store.......... I tend to forget about it being part of this site.

So I just put 2 rotors in my GTM Store Cart and was checking out.
Then shipping was calculated at $87 for 2 rotors to Northwest CO!! Holy cannoli! 🙄 😬
My cost to ship the same on my wife's low volume FedEX account was $16.
So I cancelled the order.
I sure don't mind being a little charitable and philanthropic, but I can't be completely wasteful and irresponsible with my bike $. ;)
For you folks that shop at the GTM store regularly, is there something shipping-wise that I was missing?
Are there any shipping discount codes for site supporters?
Something just felt off about it so I double-checked the addresses, etc.
From the information that I saw, it seemed like that was the correct shipping cost.
RD

It's on the STORE information at the bottom of the page.

FWIW: I don't think you can ship 2 heavy rotors with Fed-Ex for $16. Maybe Fed-Ex Ground, which is not Fed-Ex in reality, and is the most unreliable shipping service in the world today. I won't even let my suppliers send me stuff by Fed-Ex Ground because they have lost over 13 of my packages and I won't endure that any longer. So, I'm not sure you are accurate there, but the policy he uses to only charge actual cost as stated below, seems very reasonable. Maybe you might want to send Todd an email directly to inquire about it. He will respond to you.

Shipping policy​

We ship twice a week, typically Tuesday and Thursdays. Note our shipping rates are weight and box size based. If the shipping cost seems high, understand for all products we do not make in house incur costs to get them to us from the manufacturer, then to you. We refund any overages down to actual cost. Purchase and you will see the balance refunded in our system when shipped. We do not offer return labels or refund shipping costs, unless it was our mistake. We operate with the highest of integrity. Mistakes happen. We're happy to correct them. Please also note we are at the mercy of our suppliers, global time differences and Worldwide Holiday delays. We're a TINY operation, not Amazon; Please do not expect that level of shipping service, or free returns, etc.

EMAIL INFO​

Questions on a GTM Build, products or previous order follow-up?
BUILDS OR PRODUCT QUESTIONS: Sales @GTMotoCycles.com
O.C. WORKSHOP: Service @GTMotoCycles.com
ORDER FOLLOW UP: Info @GuzziTech.com -- Please see below.
We do not offer Tech Support via email; Please see our GuzziTech.com Forums linked below.
We DO NOT have a phone, do not email us and tell us to call you... we're online ONLY.
In these unprecedented times of post-COVID-19, worldwide shipping REMAINS affected at every level. Consequently, we are experiencing unanticipated and significantly longer delays from our suppliers, as they no doubt are also experiencing the same delays and challenges from theirs. Regrettably, the situation is beyond our control. We are all in this worldwide shipping frustration right now. Our system constantly updates the status of your order online, and/or you can always log in at any time, to check your current order status. Rest assured, we value your business and are working at maximum capacity in order to fulfill our commitments to you, our customers. Email inquiries slow everything down. Thanks for your understanding.

RD, incorrect, and thanks Scott. Likely the more important part to note above is; If the shipping cost seems high, understand for all products we do not make in house, incur costs to get them to us from the manufacturer, then to you.

We are not the importer on anything that we don't make in house, so there is a cost associated to getting it to us, then to you. We do refund the balance down to cost excluding our fees. What you are paying for is that all products will be genuine (not made in China garbage repops sold on eBay and the like), and that you can be assured they fit out of the box as stated. We are a VERY small operation, trying to help the community here. If you'd rather give it to the big box Store, you can. People do it all the time... and then come here for help when things don't fit or work.

We greatly appreciate the business to the small handful of those here.

Rotors ordered & paid.

Thanks for the responses all, and thanks in particular to Scott for quoting the shipping policies.

The reason that the rotor shipping costs seemed so out of whack for me ...... was that I recently bought a used 3 pc. Stelvio exhaust header from Todd. I asked that he send it directly to Jet-Hot in OK so that I didn't become the "shipping middle man". 😉 He obliged and my costs for him shipping that big heavy ass box to OK ....... was about $71. So you can understand just how the $86 for the rotors seemed like it might have been a mistake, and possibly quoted for an expedited shipping service? (which I don't need)
So I'm glad that I asked the community here about it.
The last rotors that I received shipped from Speigler and Galfer just had 2 layers of cardboard taped together over the rotor/shelf packaging. LOL So the package was a little smaller than my laptop. By contrast the header box was about the size of a dorm size refrigerator and weighed several times what the rotors did.
I think that this glaring cost discrepancy in size/weight/distance would have raised a red flag for any reasonable person.

BTW, the Jet Hot coated headers turned out fantastic!
Looks to be a very durable process and it was very affordable for what's essentially a permanent coating.
Thanks to Jet-Hot and Thanks to Todd for helping make that happen!
Regards, RD

UPDATE: 11/03/2022

It appears that I've probably now used up all my Powerball Lottery Luck .................. on Stelvio wheels! LOL

In my search for a second set of wheels I had contacted a fellow in SoCal that I heard was parting out a dead Stelvio.
I told him my story about finding a new cast rear wheel, but still needing a cast front wheel to match it.
Shortly after that he heard of an international traveler that was in the SoCal area & was getting rid of a cast front wheel.
He took the initiative and contacted the guy, and long story short I'm the new owner of a cast front wheel for $100 + shipping costs!
I'm continually amazed at the helpfulness and interconnectedness of people on these motorcycle sites! THANKS BOB!
And here it is:
Pretty nice condition for a well used wheel.
Runout and bead seating surfaces all look great.
I'm going to be proactive and replace the bearings and seals just so I'm starting at a known baseline.

So NOW I'm looking at options for front brake rotors ........ any of you guys/gals have any rotor suppliers (aftermarket or OEM) that you think do a great job and are competitively priced?

Thanks, RD
RD
Glad I was able to help out with the wheel. This is a great community.
Bob

I don't blame anyone for asking questions about shipping costs; I can't see any rhyme or reason to them, it's like airline tickets. One day a flight from Dulles to Denver is $1042, the next day you can find one for $148.

I tried shipping a 60 pound BSA part from Virginia to California, slowest ground way, checking the USPS, UPS, FedEx, and through freight consolidators ..... minimum I could find was $85.

But every few months, I order my dog's food that he likes from Chewy.com up north somewhere. It comes in 3 20 pound cases, the guy brings them off the van on a hand-truck. The order costs me $60 for the dog food (below the local store's wholesale cost), and SHIPPING IS FREE AND HAPPENS IN ONE OR TWO DAYS EVERY TIME! I understand volume discounts and big contracts and all, but something's fishy about all that. They're shipping the dog food for essentially nothing. It takes $2 worth of diesel just to get up my driveway and back to the highway.

If I tried sending a big 60-pound case of anything with guaranteed two-day delivery, it would cost me $400, I guarantee it ....

Glad it all worked out though. Let's continue to listen and understand the difference when someone has a legitimate question about "could this be a mistake?", and the weasels that spec-check around and then buy Chinese ....

Lannis

Back