• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

SW Motech tank bag for Breva, Norge & Sport

Since starting to kit the Breva out for touring, one of my last problems has been a suitable tank bag that fitted all my criteria - easy on and off being the most important, followed closely by a good mounting system that would protect the paint-work. Initial searches revealed not much of a choice - genuine (too expensive and IMHO crap design), and a few others which I didn’t like for one reason or another. Some further searching also turned up what I thought was a very neat idea for a tank bag mounting system from SW Motech Germany - but they don’t make one for the Breva.

I subsequently found several incarnations of this concept on the net from different manufacturers, and they all use the visible fuel cap assembly mounting bolts common on Jap bikes which of course the Breva doesn’t have, or does it?

I liked the idea a lot and wanted to be absolutely sure before buying something else that I thought wasn’t very good but would have to do. Some investigation revealed that there are indeed five similar mounting screws under the aluminium housing around the fuel cap, and some additional hexagonal holes molded into the plastic assembly which is under this cast aluminium hinged fuel cap and ring assembly that are not used in standard form, but will fit a 5mm nylock nut perfectly and therefore allow some re-engineering of the way the assembly is held together. I got a sample of the mounting system from the Aussie importer with a promise that if it didn’t work I could return it and after a few hours tinkering and a lot of head scratching, decided I might be able to make it work with some modifications to the fuel cap and the supplied mounts.

Now don’t blame me - doing this is not for the faint hearted, you have to drill holes and modify bits that can’t be repaired, and it’s a one-way conversion. If you get it wrong your up for a replacement fuel cap assembly - you have been warned!

Having said that, in the end it was relatively straight forward and I thought I should post a bit of an explanation of what I did for those inclined to tinker and also because I think it’s the pick of the tank bag mounting systems that I could find. After a lot of heart in mouth drilling, grinding, head scratching and swearing it eventually bolted back together and went back on the bike to perform as Mr Guzzi intended - as a fuel cap, but with the added bonus of being a tank bag mount. So here it is; step by step procedures are at the link (you’ll need the Adobe Pdf reader).

I did it on my Breva 1100 (hmmm some would say kinky), but as an added bonus I had a look at a Norge and the Sport 1200 and they have the same fuel cap assembly, so the mod will work on them as well. Here’s what the end result looks like:
Mike,

Just found this as I am looking to fit a quick release tank bag to my 1200Sport
If you still have them could you send the step by step instructions?
I can not get them from the post?

Gary

i had a small sw motech bag from a ktm duke. sw motech does make a ring for the norge. since i run a bagster tank cover, the lock ring will have to be shimmed up to clear the tank cover. i. used 4 washers

Attachments

• AB843457-C209-4718-9A22-723DE4BBF381.jpeg
    AB843457-C209-4718-9A22-723DE4BBF381.jpeg
    81 KB · Views: 3
  • 14717AE3-6F33-408F-B7FB-1D749ACC3289.jpeg
    14717AE3-6F33-408F-B7FB-1D749ACC3289.jpeg
    114.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 5FC99659-5E80-4A52-B12B-76CEDD77D3DB.jpeg
    5FC99659-5E80-4A52-B12B-76CEDD77D3DB.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 5437F04F-9717-43B6-903A-509FC3DA7A35.jpeg
    5437F04F-9717-43B6-903A-509FC3DA7A35.jpeg