• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Tales of Tellico Plains

Bill Hagan

GT Reference
GT di Razza Pura
Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
Kathi and I have been attending the South’n Spine Raid — a small Moto Guzzi gathering of great folks — for quite a few years. This was the 17th iteration, nearly all HQ’d at the Lodge at Tellico in Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

I rode the Norge and took four days to get there and back, all on backroads; Kathi -- my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess! :inlove: -- was endearingly rried about our soon-to-depart hummingbirds getting enough food to make the trip across the Gulf :rofl: , so she caged it in two, aboard our old '09 Fit (with 259K miles). She then joined in for the riding and other fun.

AE2F2507 C0F0 4B02 8591 0B54E02D198C

The rest of the story is pretty much in these pix:

https://bill-and-kathi.smugmug.com/To-SSR-Back-2021/n-SLbtSB/

If you care, hover cursor over pix for captions.

Of course, there are too many! That’s how you know that they are genuine and from me, not some imposter. :giggle:

In defense of what may seem a complete lack of discipline, I started with 500+, so it could have been worse. ;)

Ciao!

Bill

Digital picture are *Free* so we can take as many as we like !
For sharing if you treat them like you had to Pay to print them you might be more ruthless in your selection ;)

I just get a gray page ;( with a couple of darker gray bars.

Digital picture are *Free* so we can take as many as we like !
For sharing if you treat them like you had to Pay to print them you might be more ruthless in your selection ;)

I just get a gray page ;( with a couple of darker gray bars.

True ... re culling. But the (60 or so; I was as ruthless as I felt like being) pix come in "landscape collage," so one sees all at once and can thus pick and choose. And, of course, not watching at all is always an option.

Be that as it may, thanks for mentioning your "gray page, etc." I checked link again; works for me. Curious if others have same issue as you. When I occasionally have that issue -- as we live in BFE, Va., with poor internet access -- it has been a connectivity issue.

Bill

It may be - because you are logged in ?
Can you take the link you used and paste it into a " nother" Browser where you are Not logged into anything as see what you get ?
( start a new IE / Firefox / Chrome ... but NOT a copy of one you have open where the link works as they share / use common cookies etc... )

I just clicked on it while still here. It opened up and I hit the arrow on the right and a slide show complete with the captions started playing and went to the end. Perfect! Nice trip Bill.
Next time drop a bit south and see me for a few days.

Kathi and I have been attending the South’n Spine Raid — a small Moto Guzzi gathering of great folks — for quite a few years. This was the 17th iteration, nearly all HQ’d at the Lodge at Tellico in Tellico Plains, Tennessee.

I rode the Norge and took four days to get there and back, all on backroads; Kathi -- my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess! :inlove: -- was endearingly rried about our soon-to-depart hummingbirds getting enough food to make the trip across the Gulf :rofl: .

I understand her worries for the hummingbirds. They loaded up on double their sugar water starting just before Labor Day. They always seem to depart a few days after the long weekend. Less traffic I suppose.:rofl: They have a long voyage from way up here in The Great White North.

I love looking at them all. I live vicariously through them because you all look genuinely joyful.

The motorcycles make me salivate and I thank the universe that I am not wealthy because my Moto Guzzi gluttony would get the very best of me. The Quota was unbelievable (except for the wiring mess off the handlebar). I would love that in my stable. Truly.

Josh’s spectacular Ducati 900 Supersport SS, both took my breath away and made me want to jump off the nearest cliff for having ever let mine out of my hands in my foolish youth.

The white 850 Eldorado (The Holy Grail of Guzzidom) and the outdoor restaurant next to the rushing river…Yes, please.

Last edited:
I love looking at them all. I live vicariously through them because you all look genuinely joyful.

The motorcycles make me salivate and I thank the universe that I am not wealthy because my Moto Guzzi gluttony would get the very best of me. The Quota was unbelievable (except for the wiring mess off the handlebar). I would love that in my stable. Truly.

Josh’s spectacular Ducati 900 Supersport SS, both took my breath away and made me want to jump off the nearest cliff for having ever let mine out of my hands in my foolish youth.

The white 850 Eldorado (The Holy Grail of Guzzidom) and the outdoor restaurant next to the rushing river…Yes, please.

You stuck it with "joyful."

That word describes so well what nearly every motorcyclist I know feels about our sweet obsession. Joy was there in abundance.

Best,

Bill

Looks like a very nice trip; thank you for sharing.

I enjoy riding that area, but living in Katy, Texas it's not something I get to do very often. I stay at the Iron Horse Lodge in Stecoah, North Carolina when in the area, but the Tapoco Lodge sure looks inviting!

Jason

Back