• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

The A8 appears to be dead!

Penis Rotor

GT Godfather!
Down at the importer today to pick up a Griso for a bloke and was chatting with Daniel and having a 'Poke and Prod' of the new stuff.

First up 2011 Griso seems to have the A5 motor. No whether this simply designates that it has the 'Shimable Cams' or, as I suspect, the Big G has been de-tuned to make it more civilized I know not, but I'm reckoning on the later. Glad I've got an A8 motor in mine simply for bragging rights!!! The A5 is actually a lot more civilized.

Other things? The Norge 8V or whatever they call it has yet another engine designation. 'AA' (Alchoholics Anonymous?? :mrgreen: ). what this portends I have no idea. Unfortunately the wetted up bike was out with some fuckwit journalist so I didn't hear one running but a little birdy told me that when the Aprilia bod was out giving the course I arttended he heard it run for the first time, (He's based in Vietnam.) and his comment was. "I think the engineers have become confused with BMW?" It is apparently ridiculously smooth and repulsively civilized. No doubt this will increace its appeal to the market but it will also mean that suddenly coffee-shops all over the world will be filled with idiots and fucktards proffessing their undying love and commitment to Moto Guzzi since Carlo first farted! I can see myself getting arrested for punching a few people..........

That aside the one I saw was in that stunning white that Griso's, RSV-4's and the like come in and it looked GREAT! The fairings have also been fixed up so they are neither so frangible or hard to remove but since I didn't have the oportunity to start ripping one to bits I can't say if this is fact or fiction.

Anyway. Here endeth the lesson....

Pete

I am confused Pete, my 2009 G8V has A5 engine and I thought the A8 is the later version :?:

Phang

Have an early night Pete, tomorrow is your big day :mrgreen:

Phang

pete roper said:
I'll have to go through me notes but I believe A8-Early G and Stelvio. A5-NTX and it would seem post 2010 G (in Oz at least.).
These are correct to the best of my knowledge. The new ones defy logic. :pinch:

GT-Rx said:
pete roper said:
I'll have to go through me notes but I believe A8-Early G and Stelvio. A5-NTX and it would seem post 2010 G (in Oz at least.).
These are correct to the best of my knowledge. The new ones defy logic. :pinch:

He said 'logic' in relation to something from Mandello!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :arrow:

And Phang? I got a phone call yesterday evening. Surgery cancelled. No idea on a new date. So I'm feeling decidedly shitty this morning :angry:

Pete

pete roper said:
A8-Early G and Stelvio. A5-NTX
I would have sworn I have read on here that the A5 was the early engine and the A8 was what was in the NTX. My Stelvio was purchased here in Canada Mar. 09 but was in the dealers warehouse as of Sept. 08. and it definitely has the A5 engine installed according to the markings on the engine itself.The bike is considered to be a 2009 model,early release or something.
FBC

Its entirely possible that I've mixed the designations up before. If I have I apologise, memory like a fish! Anyway, the way I remember it is that it is counter intuitive, the higher number is the earlier engine. No, I have no idea..... :lol:

Pete

Italians are so confusing ….my 2009 Stelvio has an A5 engine with 4 valves per jugs and has a sticker beside the bike identifying it as 4V and it's not an NTX. I'm still trying to figure out the 8V thing :lol:

I've just seen my first new 'big tank' Stelvio and it has neither A5 nor A8 engine........it has an AC instead.... whatever that means!

Pete

I don't know your itinerary after I pick you up on the 16th, But I am assuming that you will be here on the 17th to get your Mana 's title and registration settled, I do want you to take my antique 2V Norge for a flog, It has the whole GuzziTech (Todd's) package in it and I would like and assume Todd would as well your honest appraisal.

PS You are welcomed to stay at my home as long as you would like.

Dan

Pete, Set up Dan's SE 8V, it has a mapping # I have not seen before, most likely a civilized edition by a generic number. #2230G803

Interesting, my MY2009 G8VSE was loaded with #2230G801.

Phang

oldsystemid.jpg

Back