• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

TPMS Issues

dsw

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I'm having an issue with my TPMS and I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue as me.

This happens when my V100S has sat for ~1 week - i.e. if I am just getting out for a ride on weekends. When I initially start the bike and take it for a ride, the TPMS never reads the tire pressure. This happens whether I ride the bike for 5 miles or 5 hours; the TPMS light stays on and no reading is ever picked up. As soon as I power cycle the bike (with the key, not the kill switch) and re-start it, the TPMS will start to work. This is very repeatable behavior.

When I am able to ride my motorcycle every 2-3 days, then I would say the TPMS system only exhibits this behavior ~20-30% of the time.

When I was last at the dealer, they said the latest software update (which they installed) was supposed to help with the issue, but it doesn't really seem to have made much difference.

Certainly not the end of the world, but annoying and something I would like to get fixed.

Thanks.

I'm having an issue with my TPMS and I was wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue as me.

This happens when my V100S has sat for ~1 week - i.e. if I am just getting out for a ride on weekends. When I initially start the bike and take it for a ride, the TPMS never reads the tire pressure. This happens whether I ride the bike for 5 miles or 5 hours; the TPMS light stays on and no reading is ever picked up. As soon as I power cycle the bike (with the key, not the kill switch) and re-start it, the TPMS will start to work. This is very repeatable behavior.

When I am able to ride my motorcycle every 2-3 days, then I would say the TPMS system only exhibits this behavior ~20-30% of the time.

When I was last at the dealer, they said the latest software update (which they installed) was supposed to help with the issue, but it doesn't really seem to have made much difference.

Certainly not the end of the world, but annoying and something I would like to get fixed.

Thanks.
Hi...I took have issues with the TPMS but not the same as yours. Mine takes about 5 minutes to link always reads a little low but then the indication of pressure decreases as the tyres warm up, eventually triggering the low pressure alarm. In fact, of course, the pressure is going up as checked by an external gauge. What may be more relevant to you is that the battery on the V100 is underspeced and the voltage dives too much on cranking...for me this causes 'Alarm Service' error but maybe for you screws up the TPMS.

How did we ever survive before these systems were developed? Do you not have a tire pressure gauge?
Aye, of course I do two actually one in the pump I carry and one normal pop up type. What I was writing about is that now I have to ride with a sodding big red warning on my dash because the MG TPMS seems to think pressure goes down as temperature goes up 20240721_144723.jpg

Hi...I took have issues with the TPMS but not the same as yours. Mine takes about 5 minutes to link always reads a little low but then the indication of pressure decreases as the tyres warm up, eventually triggering the low pressure alarm. In fact, of course, the pressure is going up as checked by an external gauge. What may be more relevant to you is that the battery on the V100 is underspeced and the voltage dives too much on cranking...for me this causes 'Alarm Service' error but maybe for you screws up the TPMS.
What makes you say ‘that the battery on the V100 is underspeced’? I haven’t noticed that mentioned previously (and I certainly don’t notice any issues).

What makes you say ‘that the battery on the V100 is underspeced’? I haven’t noticed that mentioned previously (and I certainly don’t notice any issues).
Well ever since my V7 dumped me in France with a dead battery at 6 months I have used a blue tooth battery monitor. My V85 cranks at no less than 11.5 but my V100 drops to 9. I changed the battery at 6 weeks under warranty and now better...still drops to 10.5 but no more error signals. Search on battery problems with V100...they are out there.

It’s not the battery, and not the V100 model, it’s a Piaggio batch of displays that leak current when bike is turned of.
Some with minor problem, and some that needs to recharge with a few weeks intervals.
And a few individuals seems to drain the battery within days.
That should be a warranty fault though.

FWIW: Upon ignition key to the off position:

The dash would go black yet continue to parasitic draw 0.9 AMP, continuously until the battery was completely dead 1-3 days later.

Since the new dash was installed, problem is fully gone and no parasitic electrical draw is showing any longer.

See this thread. Scott had his display changed under warranty. https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/battery-life-new-v100.25218/
I’m well aware of these cases, and you will find that it’s me who started that specific thread 😉
My own bike gets a flat battery within two months.
Point is that the display is shared between different Piaggio line ups, which includes the Aprilia bikes.
This is NOT a MG V100 specific issue, thus my comments.
But it seems that it’s necessary to remind people what is single cases of bad components or assembling.
Or what is bad parts that is commonly used by every other manufacturer.
Last is off course what might really be new fresh model niggles or real faults.
Which are few and simple corrections, as we know so far.
Because other more concerned faults as what I can find seems to be a few cases (yes a few lemons too unfortunately), but not general.

Back