• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V100 Error Messages

Oldman

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
Hello...I have just taken delivery of a V100S, trading in my V7iii in the process but keeping my V85. It is a complex machine and I expected teething problems and I have them so I thought I would start a thread for error messages and what caused them. SO I have the 'Alarm Service', no other information and it seems to be a bit randomn, no requests for my code but I have a suspicion that it is linked to my difficulty in engaging neutral...and even more difficulty in getting the neutral light to actually come on so the bike can be started on its side stand.....I will have to get the code read but any ideas on here?

20240326 144623

When I picked my V100 up from the dealer I'd gone about two miles when that error message came up. it disappeared within a minute or two and never came back. Dealer checked the bike but could find nothing. Alarm Service refers to an instrument panel or ECU fault.

Mine was impossible to get into neutral from 2nd or 1st when stopped no matter how much, within reason, pressure was put on the shifter. I would have to shut the engine down. Now that I have managed to find enough descent weather I am now at 1,000 miles. The shifting is much better and getting better as the miles build. Just ride. My V7lll had the check engine light come on in the first couple of hundred miles but I haven't seen it since. The detent cam and shifting drum or whatever mechanisms in the gearbox just need to be worn in. Warming up the engine also helps. Good luck, just hang in there.
kk

Hello...I have just taken delivery of a V100S, trading in my V7iii in the process but keeping my V85. It is a complex machine and I expected teething problems and I have them so I thought I would start a thread for error messages and what caused them. SO I have the 'Alarm Service', no other information and it seems to be a bit randomn, no requests for my code but I have a suspicion that it is linked to my difficulty in engaging neutral...and even more difficulty in getting the neutral light to actually come on so the bike can be started on its side stand.....I will have to get the code read but any ideas on here?

View attachment 35146

Virtually 98% of these types of errors are directly related to poor electrical power.

1. Load test your battery to ensure that it is in proper operating condition.

2. Check the ground strap attachment point at the 11 o’clock position behind the hydraulic clutch cylinder.

I just ordered a battery for the V85tt to eliminate the "Alarm Service", which comes on after not using the bike for a week or so.
Thank you for the clue, an early warning that it is time for a new battery.

I just ordered a battery for the V85tt to eliminate the "Alarm Service", which comes on after not using the bike for a week or so.
Thank you for the clue, an early warning that it is time for a new battery.

Exactly!

I cannot tell you why this is so, but I swear to God it is true…

Every single Italian motorcycle that has ever passed through my hands in my workshop, absolutely “hates” poor electrical supply.

They all loose their minds and start throwing all sorts of bizarre error codes, or crazy dash behaviors.

This must be an inherent design feature of Italian motorcycle electronics because I have seen it 500x in my lifetime and even on my own personal motorcycles.

I can literally force an error to occur and usually several in fact, by deliberately using a low energy battery or by trying to start a bike with a weak battery. Like clockwork, error after error after weird behavior starts occurring, all of which disappear like a fart in the wind, simply by:

1. Load testing the battery to ensure that it is in perfect and proper operating condition.

2. Checking the ground strap attachment point.

3. Cleaning perfectly, the electrical cables and battery post contact points.

I have had people try to “fix” their own motorcycle by changing this sensor, and that one and then this part, or that one, relay after relay, sometimes to the tune of hundreds or even thousands of dollars, when in reality, the proximate cause all along was poor electricity supply.

You are on the right track. 👌👍😀

Last edited:
Hello! First of all I want to say 'Thanks' for all the replies and secondly I have to report that I have had the codes read and there was nothing! So....having seen this alarm just flash when starting and not 'on' for a while like it was before I am now convinced that the battery had been left without any maintenance for months and so was low when I picked the bike up.....so in short a 'low voltage'....I can think of better ways to signal this than 'Alarm Service' but there you go!...Again, many thanks.

Back