• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V65NTX intro

Andy Havill

Just got it firing!
Hi, just bought a 1988 V65NTX (well it was originally anyway >:))
I'm not totally new to the Guzzi world, I had a Calli 11 in the dim and distant, but that was 30 years ago.
This could turn out to be the first of many questions, but having bought a bike that was modified to suit the last owner, it now of course needs a few things modifying to suit me.
First of which is I could do with dropping the pegs a little to ease my dodgy knees.
I quite like the look of these from M&P - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/142348926336 - but not sure if they'll fit ?
I know the listing says rear pegs, and yes, I want to fit them as rider pegs.
I've attached a pic of the peg on my bike, and the fitting looks the same, but M&P can't tell me the width of the fitting. My pegs are 25mm wide, anybody know the width of the fitting on a Griso rear peg by any chance ?
Or any recommendations for an alternative ?
Thanks for listening, hopefully I posted this in the right section.

SAM 2571 SAM 2567

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the forum , nice looking old school bike !
Post a pic of the other side I want to see the exhaust.

I have no Idea if they would fit, it’s miss and miss on EBay at times.
It looks like they will have to come out past the pipe before they drop on “that” side.

I’m 0 - 2 on a couple of things I ordered for the Honda bad/no fit or missing part and never heard from again...

Give the top Red banner a quick read about off site links.

I googled pictures of the V65NTX and there's pics of yours. I can see a lot of differences from stock. There was even a "McDonalds" colour scheme like the V85TT.

I googled pictures of the V65NTX and there's pics of yours. I can see a lot of differences from stock. There was even a "McDonalds" colour scheme like the V85TT.

Yep, I did the same. :D
The guy I bought it from has been trying to sell it for well over a year, I know this because I had a Gilera for sale at the same time and was checking the for sale sites for a replacement.
I'm in France, and it was originally listed for sale just as the first Covid lockdown hit, and I've seen it on a few for sale sites since.
It was too much money tbh, but the price had now dropped to less than half the original asking price so it had to be worth a look.
I have to say it seems like a bit of a bargain now, there's some good quality kit been used and it seems to have been screwed together well.

It does look clean and tidy, I’ll have to check out what the stock NTX looked like !

Looks like a tank off a *Standard* V65, the NTX tanks is much different !

Back