• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 850 2022 already rusting

Status
Not open for further replies.
The V7, V9 platform is the entry level for Moto Guzzi. That’s why they are so inexpensive compared to the flagship bikes. You get what you pay for gents.
My 9900$CAD 2015 Triumph Scrambler 900, made in Thailand, looked like new after 70000km of riding in all conditions from salt covered roads to mud, no rust to be seen anywhere, and though I'm meticulous about the maintenance, I don't wash my bikes after every ride or use ACF50 and it was stored in a non-heated shed during winter (and winter here means as cold as -40C).

Not sure I'd use the "entry level" range as an argument for finish degrading quickly, nothing about Moto Guzzi's marketing screams "we make bikes at a price point", rather "most advanced ever built at Mandello, designed to deliver improved performance and overall efficiency and take reliability and riding enjoyment to a whole new level". Nothing about that sounds like "you get what you pay for" to me. And again, I'm not hating on the brand (I'm not loyal to any brand, I don't buy a badge, I buy a bike), I'd love to buy a V7, the looks, sound and character are superb, just seeing more quality issues on fairly recent bikes than I was hoping for considering the limited dealership network.

You know, I find it odd that my 2016 V7II Stornello and my 2018 V7III Special look like the
day they rolled off the factory line in Italy. Live in South Dakota, weather here sucks and goes from
90 degrees down to -45 degrees. I dont ride my bikes in crap weather cause I also own a truck...
If I was relying on a bike year round, then I would be taking care of it year round, as such both bikes are cleaned and waxed
often! Have owned many different bikes over the years, and each one is cared for as an investment to have fun...
If people do not want to put the time
in to take care of them, then get a car or truck, and after awhile you can gripe about the rust on them.

My 9900$CAD 2015 Triumph Scrambler 900, made in Thailand, looked like new after 70000km of riding in all conditions from salt covered roads to mud, no rust to be seen anywhere, and though I'm meticulous about the maintenance, I don't wash my bikes after every ride or use ACF50 and it was stored in a non-heated shed during winter (and winter here means as cold as -40C).

Not sure I'd use the "entry level" range as an argument for finish degrading quickly, nothing about Moto Guzzi's marketing screams "we make bikes at a price point", rather "most advanced ever built at Mandello, designed to deliver improved performance and overall efficiency and take reliability and riding enjoyment to a whole new level". Nothing about that sounds like "you get what you pay for" to me. And again, I'm not hating on the brand (I'm not loyal to any brand, I don't buy a badge, I buy a bike), I'd love to buy a V7, the looks, sound and character are superb, just seeing more quality issues on fairly recent bikes than I was hoping for considering the limited dealership network.

View attachment 34603

Then go buy another Triumph and be happy.

This is a site for enthusiasts of Moto Guzzi.

So far, all you have done is bitch about them and frankly, I’m quite tired of it.

I have 8 Moto Guzzi motorcycles including a recently acquired 35 year old Mille GT in concourse condition which has been in a garage for the last 30 years. They all look mint condition because I take care of them and treat them as the expensive pieces of equipment they are.

If you want something that you can neglect that stays perfect, go with what you have had before and be happy. Stop shitting on the brand that this site of Guzzisti are dedicated to. You are not winning any Brownie points with me and others here. Why come here to continually piss on our marque? It’s just rude.

I never said that the cost was related to anything other than the quality of components you are buying for the price.

I.e. Semi active Ohlins suspension comes on the flagship V100S, and radial Brembo brakes come in a Stelvio NTX and not a V7 850. Why? You PAY FOR IT on a V100S and a Stelvio NTX. That’s why.

Enough of this topic.

Somebody lock it up. It’s tedious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back