• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V7 850 Centenario from Prague

Hi, I'm Maila and after 20 years of only Vespas I got motorcycle again.
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Hope you'll add your info to our Registry below. You're in the right place for mods. Be sure to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, scan the V7 section, and be sure to click on the (GTM) STORE tab top of page for any mods you're considering - we ship worldwide. Hope you to see you here often. Enjoy/Cheers.

Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia! Hope you'll add your info to our Registry below. You're in the right place for mods. Be sure to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, scan the V7 section, and be sure to click on the (GTM) STORE tab top of page for any mods you're considering - we ship worldwide. Hope you to see you here often. Enjoy/Cheers.

Thank you! :)

Just didn’t find on you website - is your warehouse in Europe or US? Thank you

Hello Maila, funny you have chosen a Moto Guzzi. When the first Moto Guzzi appeared in the U.S. back in 1967, my father, who immigrated from Czechoslovakia in 1928, took me to see one in Tampa, Florida. As we walked around the motorcycle, he commented that if that bike had been made when he was younger, he probably would not be having so much trouble with his knees. I had asked why he said that and he went on to explain that during his youth, all the motorbikes and motorcycles he rode in the snow left a lot of snow on his knees and legs but the cylinder heads of the Moto Guzzi would have prevented the snow from reaching his knees. I live in Florida, have lived here my entire life so do not know if what he said would really be true. You, however, may actually be able to tell me. So, if you ever ride your Moto Guzzi in the snow, please tell me if the cylinder heads keep the snow off your knees. Thanks!!

Hello Maila, funny you have chosen a Moto Guzzi. When the first Moto Guzzi appeared in the U.S. back in 1967, my father, who immigrated from Czechoslovakia in 1928, took me to see one in Tampa, Florida. As we walked around the motorcycle, he commented that if that bike had been made when he was younger, he probably would not be having so much trouble with his knees. I had asked why he said that and he went on to explain that during his youth, all the motorbikes and motorcycles he rode in the snow left a lot of snow on his knees and legs but the cylinder heads of the Moto Guzzi would have prevented the snow from reaching his knees. I live in Florida, have lived here my entire life so do not know if what he said would really be true. You, however, may actually be able to tell me. So, if you ever ride your Moto Guzzi in the snow, please tell me if the cylinder heads keep the snow off your knees. Thanks!!
Hi! When your father immigrated? And from which part?
With snow - I can't confirm for 100% - but in cold weather and cold wind - the aircooled traversal V twin of my V7 is making a lot of heat! So my knees are really fine. And you can go with that to the bank. I had 2 years of chronical Lyme disease so my knees and hips can't feel cold. Otherwise it is like knives are stabbing them.
With Florida I envy you! Hopefully will have time to make pics with Prague castle and Old Town square with my V7 :)

Hi! When your father immigrated? And from which part?
With snow - I can't confirm for 100% - but in cold weather and cold wind - the aircooled traversal V twin of my V7 is making a lot of heat! So my knees are really fine. And you can go with that to the bank. I had 2 years of chronical Lyme disease so my knees and hips can't feel cold. Otherwise it is like knives are stabbing them.
With Florida I envy you! Hopefully will have time to make pics with Prague castle and Old Town square with my V7 :)
Maila,

Unfortunately, after Hurricane Michael in 2018, I lost all of the photographs of my father and his childhood. He died in a motorcycle accident in 1970 and all I remember him telling me, my brother and sister is that he grew up in a small village near Brno but none of us remember the village name. I would ask my mother but she too has passed. My Dad arrived in New York in August of 1928, after he completed his education as a mechanical engineer. But, during the Second World War while working in the shipyards, he learned to work on watches and when the war ended, he opened his own shop. Eventually, my mother and father became the local jewelry and watch repair shop specializing in Rolex, Omega, Patek Philippe watch repairs and custom diamond jewelry in the town where we were raised. I look forward to the pictures of Prague Castle and the Old Town Square as backdrops of you and your V7! History is a reminder of who we are and where we come from, I am glad to meet someone who can share information about my father's country.

Back