• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7/9 Mods thread

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
I’ve split this thread below to a new topic. My DNA ABRing thread was diverted with the info below.

For now I'm trying this way, eventually I'll get a quality ring.
Yes, it's true the bike seems to go faster and better.
Let's hope the water doesn't get in...

Attachments

• filtro sprint.jpg
    filtro sprint.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 12
that's it, I carefully cut out the original in order to also fit the pins on the side.
even if from calculations carried out the holes present on the original airbox are enough to guarantee breathing space for the 38mm throttle body, it is undeniable that after the remapping by removing the cover the bike runs better, at least in my case.
now if I have the opportunity I will try to insert the velocity stack by mistral and report the driving sensations.

Attachments

• cornice.jpg
    cornice.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 8
here it is, in the end I gave in, I took the Mistral velocity stack.
I was very hesitant at the beginning and instead I had to change my mind.
So let's start from the assumption that my bike is vitaminized so I don't know what would have happened on a more "original" V7, I will still try to convey my impressions.
First of all, more fluidity of operation, the power is more distributed and enjoyable, the ON-OFF of the accelerator is practically absent, I also perceive a slight improvement at medium and high operating speeds without losing absolutely anything at low speeds.
Among the various tests of the motorbike ride I can also confidently say that I gained 5-6 km/h of top speed at a certain point on the road, but I repeat the improvement that I appreciate the most is precisely the one in the medium revs...
The intake sound is slightly darker, not bad...

Attachments

• velocity.jpg
    velocity.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 22
took the Mistral velocity stack.
So let's start from the assumption that my bike is vitaminized…
I split this topic since it had nothing to do with my DNA filter post. While I always like reading on improvements, I have a huge stop when people talk about “feel” without dyno documentation and air/fuel information. In my 30+ years of living in dyno and air/fuel data (including professional racing), feel can be deceiving.
While I am open to see what this offers, I need to see the proof.
I don’t know what vitamized means, but I find the term funny. Thanks for the laugh. ;)
Additionally, these days, this is a product that I would develop to sell, and someone would offer a free 3D print model for it. Perhaps I’ll make one to dyno test. Anyone here interested in a purchase of one for half the cost of the Mistral?

thanks, vitaminized means remapped so my impressions are related to a motorbike with non-original carburetion.
I agree with you about the sensations that can be wrong but I have had several bikes and I trust my impressions a bit, however Mistral also provides the graph.

Anyone here interested in a purchase of one for half the cost of the Mistral?
If it's coming before this spring then +1 for me definitely!
I was gonna get that Mistral one before spring anyway but might as well wait and see, I bet yours definitely won't disappoint! I can make one out of carbon fiber but without simulation software and/or dyno it'd be just a guess work that could end up being even worse lol

If it's coming before this spring then +1 for me definitely!
I was gonna get that Mistral one before spring anyway but might as well wait and see, I bet yours definitely won't disappoint! I can make one out of carbon fiber but without simulation software and/or dyno it'd be just a guess work that could end up being even worse lol
it gets a little better, there's an overpass near me... you come out of a tight bend in second gear and then you move the gears up to sixth gear... I've never managed to pass under the overpass at more than 175 km/h and I will have done this dozens of times over time...now after having mounted the velocity stack I go with the needle touching 180 km/h at the same point

I have had one of these in my V7 850 for some 5000kms now. I installed the velocity tube by itself, so no not other mods at the same time, maybe, and only maybe, I could feel a slight difference in smoothness of the engine when accelerating from 3000 rpm upwards, yes a little more suction noise but minor also, However, I do believe in the principle of what the velocity tube is trying to do hence my investment.
Biggest improvement and the first thing anyone should do before spending money on mufflers, screens and bling, the GTM UpMap ECU fuel flash.... (well covered in a separate discussion here) that did provide a noticeable difference in smoothing out the engine and the way it accelerates and runs, making it a much nicer bike to ride (did the SAS delete and vac mod as recommended at the same time).

No one doubts the usefulness of the remapping, my bike is also remapped. We are talking about an accessory that in my opinion brings an improvement

Back