• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7 Crash Bars

timothy st.john

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Happy New Year all!

Has anyone had any experience with this new crash bar from someone called LGC?

They come powder coated in matte black, silver, and gloss black.

Apparently you must remove, and then re-sight the horns to somewhere else.

MG166E d1 MG166E d MG166 :

The bottom cover plate looks pretty ugly, but the bars themselves have the old school look, a little less...add-on than some of the recent chrome ones. Please advise.

I like the look of those....certain appear to offer more protection than my Stucchi bars.View attachment 7714
Kind of you to reply. Thanks for the picture. The Stucchi has a more attractive lower mount though. I'm trying to get some more info from MG Cycle, about the displaced horn, but my suspicion is that it can stay where it is if you rotate it further forward. AF1 Racing has them too, but they call it a Stucchi on one page of their sight. Cheers!

I prefer OEM Guzzi crash bars to all others for the newer V7s. They're one piece, very strong, mount solidly, and look like the bike came from the factory with them. Part number GU973217200008. AF1 Racing sells them, but be aware that the short video on AF1's web site shows the bar being installed backward!

I prefer OEM Guzzi crash bars to all others for the newer V7s. They're one piece, very strong, mount solidly, and look like the bike came from the factory with them. Part number GU973217200008. AF1 Racing sells them, but be aware that the short video on AF1's web site shows the bar being installed backward!
Thanks! I've seen it before, but it bares a second look upon your recommendation. I'm thinking that no matter which one I get, I'll have to get it powder coated to match exactly, otherwise it will too much distract. I'm likely to put it down in the near future as I'm going to do timed trials on a skills course; that takes hours of practice, especially on this technology. Cheers!

Thanks! I've seen it before, but it bares a second look upon your recommendation. I'm thinking that no matter which one I get, I'll have to get it powder coated to match exactly, otherwise it will too much distract. I'm likely to put it down in the near future as I'm going to do timed trials on a skills course; that takes hours of practice, especially on this technology. Cheers!
The OEM one offered by Guzzi has been replaced by a new one-piece by Agositini that better accommodates the wider jugs on the new models.

In the pictures below, the chromed image is the older OEM model, and the black one is the Agostini.

GU973217200008
AMV7PMNE

I'm not sure if the OEM version is still available. Will post when I find out. So far, I'm thinking I like the new LGC 'old school' version best, because its lines don't seem to interfere with the those of the headers. But I would have to fabricate a more attractive cover for the lower mounting point than the one they give you.

I believe the first posted crashbar is for a Breva/Nevada 750. Clearly relocating the horns is required for the V7. As shown above, the B/N750 has the horns mounted in the front. Hope that helps.

I believe the first posted crashbar is for a Breva/Nevada 750. Clearly relocating the horns is required for the V7. As shown above, the B/N750 has the horns mounted in the front. Hope that helps.

Yes it is, but its the only picture I could find. I'm hoping that enough cable can be freed up on my V7 Racer's wiring harness to move my horns to the front like the Breva; if I elect to go with the LGC crash bars.

I've got three more months before the weather improves enough to force a decision. I'm currently fabricating my own rear fender mod for the Racer anyway; this one is going to be a fair weather bike only.

Thanks for posting!

Thanks for posting!
My pleasure, and yes the OEM version is still available.. though I had to return them as they didn't quite fit my RentAGuzzi.com '13 V7R, I did fit the Stucchi version as shown above.

My pleasure, and yes the OEM version is still available.. though I had to return them as they didn't quite fit my RentAGuzzi.com '13 V7R, I did fit the Stucchi version as shown above.
I'm often in LA., as my wife is in 'the business'. I think a rental might be a good way to explore while she is on set.

I can testify that the black OEM/Agostini style ones are solid and you barely notice them looking at the bike. After a few mods, these are the only non-essential add-ons I refuse to remove. After ripping most non essential stuff off, i'm happy to keep these on.

I can testify that the black OEM/Agostini style ones are solid and you barely notice them looking at the bike. After a few mods, these are the only non-essential add-ons I refuse to remove. After ripping most non essential stuff off, i'm happy to keep these on.
Hello Jorge,

Thanks for posting a reply. I'll mark down another favorable vote for the Agostini crash bar. However, it is recently in my mind that, as the cost of pursuing this hobby is inconsequential to me, maybe I can best contribute to the community by acquiring 'untried' (rather than unpopular) equipment; to broaden the knowledge base.

That being the case, I think it's time to pick up the phone in deliberate pursuit of retail adventure. Thanks again for posting.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

Its been a while, but I finally got around to purchasing and installing the 'new styled' Stucchi Crash bars (pictured at start of this post) on my 2014 V7 Racer.

I simply rotated the horns ahead of the frame (and rerouted the wires which were sufficiently long) to allow the crash bar to pass through the frame and intersect with the inset mounting bracket (which bolted in as intended). Et voila!

It took about 15 minutes to install, but only because of the low light situation in my underground parking stall, and the fact that one of the frame bolts (used for mounting) just didn't want to budge until I insisted.

It looks great! For a crash bar, that is. But as I expected, the cheap covers that are intended to hide the lower mounting point look terrible; poorly thought out, poorly, machined, poorly finished. Come on Stucchi!

Even if the covers had been colour-matched to the bar, it would have still looked like it was made by a grade 8 metal work student (one who only got a C+) for lacking style. I threw mine away, and will fabricate new ones.

I chose the powder coated silver version (it comes in both gloss and matt black as well) so that it wouldn't fight with the chrome, or clash with the black used on the engine. I'll paint the spark plug covers to match. Seeing it now, I think it was the correct call.

(F.Y.I.: I don't know why, but they all come with the same hideous unfinished, mild steel lower mount cover, regardless of which colour you buy.)

As I had anticipated from the pictures, the tangency of the angles of the crash bar itself don't work against the fixed aesthetics curve of the header pipe or jugs, while (IMHO) the others ones I've seen seemed to, to one degree or another.

I will take a picture and post it as soon as I can (I have some other mods to finish up first). I just wanted to share that: this product is what it seems to be, and that it fits as it should.

Timothy St. John

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

Here, after some considerable delay, are some pictures of the new Stucchi V7 crash bars; in silver powder coat. 20150312 103657 20150312 103921 20150312 103641 I think they integrate very well without advertising themselves, or fighting with the lines of the headers or the jugs. I left the cover plate off the bottom mount because it looks cheap.

Timothy St. John

Hello,

Thats not surprising. Depending on the width of the bar, and the air flow traffic set up by other parts of the bike, any part of the bike could be induced to set up a vibration or whistle (its 'generally' the air column that actually vibrates in the case of this much mass, not the part itself; which is then felt as vibration). The physics of acoustics, especially as it pertains to vibrating reeds in both open and closed end tubes is quite complex, and its e luck that prevents it from happening more often. Its is taken more seriously in architecture than in commuter motor vehicle design (racing is another matter). Remember the Tacoma Narrows bridge disaster. If anyone is interested, I'll be happy to post back on this particular set, once I get this bike on the road.

Timothy St. John

Those bars look the business, very nice! The position of the horns is troubling, they don't flow...just my perspective..

I spoke to my dealer about the Stucchi vs Agostini design. He said that the Stucchi (wrap around) might impact the fins and crack them off rather than scratch the fins if the bike was able to roll far enough to get around the Agostini design. I'm not sure which is possible or if at that point it matters, but perhaps the Stucchi design is more likely to bend due to the extended leverage? Im guessing these bars are designed for low speed drops and some mid speed protection at best. After that i don't think comparing the designs is going to be the least of your concern. I'd love some opinion on this as i'm currently picking between the designs for the V7II.

Hello,

Low speed drops are all that any of these types of bars can reliably protect the bike against, and that's what I wanted for my timed skills course preparation.

At high speed, who gives a damn about the bike, as long as you can get away from it when you go down. Unlike the 'open' designs though, there is no way to get your feet hung up in the ones I put on.

With considerable force you can bend them either towards or away from the frame, but I doubt that the energy generated by the bike rolling/falling would be sufficient to move them. Even at that, I will put a hard rubber bumper at the point of possible contact on the inside of the bar; where it won't be seen anyway except from the saddle.

As far as the horns are concerned, mrenn is correct: they were simply rotated forward to facilitate installation of the bars. I will resight them so they don't spoil the line of the exposed frame, as soon as it warms up a bit.

Timothy St. John

Last edited:
Back