• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V75 Four Valve

rgakrill

Just got it firing!
Gents

I am just renovating a 4 valve V75 (1986 vintage) to act as my wife's touring steed. The Koni Dial a Rides that are fitted look too long as the centre stand only just reaches the floor and doesn't lift the rear wheel at all.

Does anyone know what the 'eye to eye' measurement should be. My V50 has 300mm Hagons and the current V75 items are 335mm.

Any other tips are greatly welcomed especially any tips on valve replacement (I believe the originals are notoriously weak).

cheers

Ackers

I'll recall that there are some Suzuki valves witch will fit the 4-valve SBs.
You could try to PM a Dane with the nick "Iceblue" who's active on a few other forums in our neighborhood :whistle: , who's into the smallblocks, and just finished renovating a Lario.

rgakrill said:
Gents

I am just renovating a 4 valve V75 (1986 vintage) to act as my wife's touring steed. The Koni Dial a Rides that are fitted look too long as the centre stand only just reaches the floor and doesn't lift the rear wheel at all.

Does anyone know what the 'eye to eye' measurement should be. My V50 has 300mm Hagons and the current V75 items are 335mm.

Any other tips are greatly welcomed especially any tips on valve replacement (I believe the originals are notoriously weak).

cheers

Ackers

300-310mm sounds about right. Try your Hagons on it for fit. You should be able to estimate the length you want from having tried the Hagons.

Btv,

I met a V75 some days ago. It's an ongoing renovation project....

P1010363.jpg

You don't see them very often!

Yeah I know this is an old post, but I can't stay away from 8V SB posts - just decided to get active on this board.

PM me if you like a few tips - if you still need it. I've done about 4 or 5 8V mills so far. They are challenging but rewarding too. Been working on a good valve mod recepie with a few other guys.

Ciao :)

Yeah I know this is an old post, but I can't stay away from 8V SB posts - just decided to get active on this board.

PM me if you like a few tips - if you still need it. I've done about 4 or 5 8V mills so far. They are challenging but rewarding too. Been working on a good valve mod recepie with a few other guys.

Ciao :)
IceBlue,
Did you ever finish engineering your 4V upgrades? I am working on one and would love to converse with you about updating the valvetrain.
Thanks, Rex

IceBlue,
Did you ever finish engineering your 4V upgrades? I am working on one and would love to converse with you about updating the valvetrain.
Thanks, Rex
Hi!

Yes, he and some others did.
Find him on his own group in facebook with this name: Moto Guzzi V65 Lario (Owners Group - incl. Imola II, Monza II and V75/4)

Ciao
Andi

Back