• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

V7C - ECU Error

sign216

High Miler
VDST is showing an error for my bike, for the "ECU ROM." No further details, just a red light and the error message for the ECU ROM.

Bike runs fine, but the TPS fluctuates form 2.7 to 3.5. All in one sitting. When I try to reset the TPS I get another error about the ECU, and the TPS reset is stopped.

This is 09 V7C with 7,500 miles.

Any ideas?

sign216 said:
VDST is showing an error for my bike, for the "ECU ROM." No further details, just a red light and the error message for the ECU ROM.

Bike runs fine, but the TPS fluctuates form 2.7 to 3.5. All in one sitting. When I try to reset the TPS I get another error about the ECU, and the TPS reset is stopped.

This is 09 V7C with 7,500 miles.

Any ideas?

Are you looking at Alfalin_0 for the TPS? Anyway, the manuals state that if the ECU fails to execute a TPS reset to replace the ECU.

Before going to the extreme of replacing the ECU, I would clean all connections at the ECU and TPS. If after checking all these connections and the grounding paths/points it still fails to reset then there is no choice but to replace the ECU. ECU failures are rare, but they do occur.

Cam
I have a brand new 15RC ECU , Part number 977308, It is listed for the V7C, I have no idea what map it has in it, I got it off E-Bay from the huge sum of 14.00 dollars, NO BULL and it came in the original MG sealed packaging, seeing as how I am going to keep my V7C over my Norge I do not want to sell it, but would be willing to send it off as a loaner if someone thinks there ECU is bad.

John Z is correct when using the VDTS you have to change the TPS channel to Alfalin_0

John, I am looking at channel Alfalin 0, that's how I can tell the TPS reading isn't stable. Cleaning the connections is my next desperate step. Just have to go to the store to get some contact cleaner.

Dan, I can't believe you scored an ECU for $14. Amazing. Thanks for offer to lend it, but it's not needed. My current ECU is giving me the error code and also not resetting the TPS, so I can't see how it can be anything else but the ECU. I'll go to the dealer and see if their Navigator can work some magic that my VDST can't.

It the dealer can't do anything, I may look for a used ECU on Ebay, but I'm really leaning towards a MyECU from Jefferies http://www.cajinnovations.com/MyECU/index.htm

However the MyECU replacement unit doesn't seem very well supported, and their website doesn't show a anything for the 15RC unit. Anyone have experience running these?

Thanks John, but let me see if the dealer can resurrect the unit's Read Only Memory. If that fails then a Guzzitech re-flash probably won't work either and I"ll need a completely new unit.

For the same money as a used ECU ($300) I can get a new MyECU kit from Jefferies. Not sure I'll go that route, but I'm thinking about it.

john zibell said:
I'm sure Todd could put in the V7c map is necessary.
Thanks John, I sure can. I think I have one extra 15RC ECU (aside from the supposed bad one you sent me John), and a few 15M that would delete the 02-sensor (or I can on the 15RC as well).

Jeffries MyECU is a quite impressive undertaking, and I continue to give him a huge kudos for taking that project on. The downside is that you will have no dealer support once you do, and the VDST is useless for basic service as well. My recommendation is to stick with the well engineered Marelli ECU. Feel free to ping me direct if you need any more help/info.

GT-Rx said:
john zibell said:
I'm sure Todd could put in the V7c map is necessary.
Thanks John, I sure can. I think I have one extra 15RC ECU (aside from the supposed bad one you sent me John), and a few 15M that would delete the 02-sensor (or I can on the 15RC as well).

Jeffries MyECU is a quite impressive undertaking, and I continue to give him a huge kudos for taking that project on. The downside is that you will have no dealer support once you do, and the VDST is useless for basic service as well. My recommendation is to stick with the well engineered Marelli ECU. Feel free to ping me direct if you need any more help/info.

Hey Todd,

Those bad ECUs I set you are definitely bad. They may test OK on the bench, but when on a bike, it runs badly if at all.

Back