Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

V7III Backfire on Ignition

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Alec Goldstein, Jul 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Alec Goldstein

Alec Goldstein Just got it firing!

Since removing my evap cannister I have noticed a loud backfire when I start my bike - it seems to happen maybe 25% of the time. Is this normal or something I should deal with?

I have my sas removed and Todd's exhaust and flash on the bike.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. john zibell

john zibell Moderator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I suggest you contact Todd direct. The map may not account for the canister removal if you didn't tell him that would be a condition of the bike.

Mayakovski likes this.
  3. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

Double check to see if the map is active/loaded. Should have an aesterik next to the fuel map that is loaded. Mine starts with a rush and immediately settles down to a nice idle.

4. Godfrey

Godfrey High Miler GT Famiglia

Also:
    • Be sure that there are no intake or exhaust vacuum leaks resulting from the EVAP system removal or the installation of the new exhaust system.
    • Be sure that the SAS bypass widget is properly connected.
    Every engine is slightly different. When I fitted the Agostini mufflers to my Racer, the first map Todd sent me for that configuration had some minor issues. We worked together to develop a better map, which resulted in superb starting and running performance, but a bit of a backfire issue (I called it "burp and blatt" if I recall, or something like that) developed. Before changing the map again, I did the SAS removal ... the backfire issue then went away.