• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V7III Fuel Injectors

KonaDoc

Just got it firing!
I have a 2017 Stone, with which I am trying to diagnose a non-starting issue. I am now focusing on fuel delivery. I have had some people recommend testing the fuel pump pressure. So I have ordered a tester from Amazon, but will take a couple of weeks to reach me.

In the meantime, I would like to clean the injectors. With my current setup, I get no leakage as the fuel pump primes, but when I press the start button, fuel comes out in spurts rather than in a spray pattern.

So to those who have actual hands-on experience with these injectors, I have two questions to ask about their removal. I am new to fuel injected bikes, so this is new territory to me. I certainly don't want to breaking them, at $150+ each!

To remove the injector from the fuel line/bracket, is it just an interference fit via the o-ring? Do I just pull it straight out, or is there a clip I don't see?

Second, how does the electrical connector separate? I see what looks like a wire clip, but it's not the push-to-release type that I'm used to. Do i need to pry it off somehow, or is there a mechanical locking mechanism there somewhere?

I hope this isn't too elementary for some of you, but I'd really like to be sure that both the pump and the injectors are good to go.

Mahalo!

doc

That symptom sounds like a pressure issue. You don't need that fancy Amazon tester. If you have a good hardware store or a Tractor Supply, just get a gauge that can go over 50 pounds, and then fittings so you can connect it to the hose that goes to an injector. Don't mess cleaning injectors until you are sure you have adequate pressure, about 45 psi. To put the hose back on an injector, be sure to use fuel injection clamps or Oetiker clamps. Regular worm clamps can damage the fuel line.

That symptom sounds like a pressure issue. You don't need that fancy Amazon tester. If you have a good hardware store or a Tractor Supply, just get a gauge that can go over 50 pounds, and then fittings so you can connect it to the hose that goes to an injector. Don't mess cleaning injectors until you are sure you have adequate pressure, about 45 psi. To put the hose back on an injector, be sure to use fuel injection clamps or Oetiker clamps. Regular worm clamps can damage the fuel line.
That seems to be the consensus of people. I will wait until I can measure the pressure before moving on. I do have the Oetiker tool and a selection of Oetiker clamps, so I'm good there.

I live in Kona, on the Big Island of Hawai'i, so my resources and opportunities are very much limited compared with other locations. I try to do the best I can with what I have to work with. Having the ability to connect with others who are willing to share their experience and knowledge is priceless. Thank you!

doc

No offense, but per all of the paragraphs at the top of every page, there is decades of info here, all found on a search.
Social media laziness has spilled over to this site, in a 'post on demand for answers’ without any investment on the users part.
There's dozens on posts here on injector removal. I was trying to point you in the direction that is likely more of help. But I won't do that any more. I simply don't have the time to invest in ignored or argumentative topic posts. I don’t get paid to be here, nor is this site supported by most newer arrivals here.

Thank you Todd for your response. I do appreciate hearing the owner's perspective.

For what it's worth, I did read all of the paragraphs at "the top of every page." I did do searches. On Google, as well as several Guzzi-related sites, such as this one. None returned the answer I was looking for, hence my original question.

Actually, I enjoy the search. I always learn something new and interesting, though not always related to the search. When I searched for "injectors" on GuzziTech, I received 9 pages of results. I went through all of the threads and learned a LOT about Californias, Norges, EVs, Brevas, etc, etc, etc.

What I did learn is than the injectors of a V85TT look just like mine. And that I apparently have the "newer" electrical connectors that did away with the familiar push-to-release wire clip.

So what I am left with is this:
a) I presume that the injectors are a press-fit in the fuel line/bracket and I just need to pull it apart. And,
b) I presume that I need to somehow pry the wire clip off of the connector in order to get it to separate.

That's it. It's turned out to be a bigger challenge than I thought it would be.

I thank you for your time. And I thank the other contributors for their experience and insight.

doc

Except I don't have permission to view the thread; and I have a V7III and not a California. I've read a few of the California threads.

doc

Back