Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V85TT Mods Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Faisal, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Ted Jaramillo

Ted Jaramillo Just got it firing!

From a video i saw, it appears a non-hugger V85TT the right boot/shoe gets Dirty & Soaked significantly more than the left. Hugger solves that... for what it´s worth.

2. Ted Jaramillo

Ted Jaramillo Just got it firing!

Great set of helpful Pics. My 2021 Travel should be in my garage in the next couple of weeks and I pre-ordered the Front Fender Hugger as well a the rear.

Chris Jessop likes this.
  3. Chris Jessop

Chris Jessop Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

After riding in mixed conditions with one fitted I'm very pleased with the Pyramid rear hugger, and I only ride on tarmac. It is certainly a lot better than not having one fitted.

4. whynot

whynot Rust never sleeps. GT Contributor

Sounds good. One question -- when riding, are you looking through or over the screen?

5. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

With the 20" at full height I still look over it.

whynot likes this.
  6. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

Has anyone here installed Denali running lights on their V85? I'm interested in these, and ideally would like to use their trigger wire that attaches to the stock high beam lead to allow high/low on the Denalis; however, their docs say that some LED headlights are not sufficient to trigger the module, and in these cases you would be required to use a separate hi/low switch instead of simply using the bike's normal hi/low switch. Anyone try this yet? Just trying to figure out what to expect before I decide to start ordering equipment. Also don't want to waste time splicing into the high beam wire if folks have already determined that it won't work.

__Jason

7. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

Just use the ones for the stock lights under the black cover

8. jwtucker

Not sure what you mean - the stock lights don't have a hi/low do they? I thought they were simply on/off.

The wire harness has a 3-pin connector for the OEM fog lights: 1 pin is from the handlebar switch, to trigger the relay (on/off), 1 pin is 12-volt from the battery, and 1 pin is a ground. I could reuse this connection to power the Denali lights, but... it doesn't do anything to manage the hi/low function of the fog lights.

__Jason

9. GerryAZ

GerryAZ Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

The LED headlights have high and low beams controlled by the switch on the left handlebar. Low beam is always on (assuming switch on right handlebar is in either headlight or headlight plus fog light positions). High beam comes on in addition to low beam when left handlebar switch is either pulled back to flash high beam or pushed forward for sustained high beam. You should be able to connect to low beam and high beam light wires for the functions you want.

10. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

The wire harness has a 3-pin connector for the OEM fog lights

That's the one I meant. I know Wayne on another forum did his but I think he used a separate chinsium hi/low switch.

11. jwtucker

Thanks, but that's not the problem. Just to re-state:

The aftermarket Denali fog lights have the (optional) ability to to be to be switched in hi/low mode by way of their "DataDim" module.
    The DataDim relay can be set up in 2 different configurations:
    1. With the use of a separate handle-bar mounted switch, which plugs into the Denali harness, and lets the rider switch the fog lights between high/low, OR...
    2. You can get rid of the extra switch and use a switch eliminator module, which has a trigger wire which is supposed to be spliced into the high beam 12V of the stock headlight, in order to automatically sense when the high beam is on, and trigger the fog lights to also go into high beam mode
    The problem is, on *some* bikes with LED headlights, the 12V to the high beam is not "clean" enough to work with the DataDim module. In that case, the only option is to run the additional switch, which...

... sounds like the extra switch may be needed.

I was hoping to avoid having to mount additional doo-dads on the handlebars in order for it to work, but if I must, I must.

__Jason

12. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

I would do the xtra switch. Waayne runs his in the daylight on low and you'd think a 747 was landing behind you when you look in the rear view mirror. Switch location would be dependent on whether you actually drive at night or were just looking for more daytime visibility.

jwtucker likes this.
  13. wthammond

wthammond Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Evening Folks - Looking to have the OEM fog lights installed on mine. Opinions on how they work?

14. Sam V Napoleon

Sam V Napoleon Tuned and Synch'ed

If anyone was wondering, the V7-9 starter cover that Guzzitech sells does fit the V85

D97DDE16-44A0-4F6E-B78C-55217394057D.jpeg

15. Moto Vita

Moto Vita Just got it firing!

Is that intended as impact protection, or is it cosmetic?

16. Sam V Napoleon

Sam V Napoleon Tuned and Synch'ed

I assume it’s cosmetic...but it’s made from metal not plastic...so inevitably has to be more protective right??

17. Bob Bourget

Bob Bourget Tuned and Synch'ed

For anyone desiring a larger seat-to-peg ergo, these do the trick. Combine them with the associated brackets to lower the shifter and the brake pedal. 2" makes a big difference, LOL.

Pegs are Crosstrek, extensions are by Knight design.

BTW....Todd's cat eliminator is awesome. What a nice sound with the stock can......

IMG_0106.jpg IMG_0107.jpg

mikesn5va and TimmyTheHog like this.
  18. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Thanks Bob. Another company who I helped launch in the Guzzi world, who in turn flipped me off once they got traction. If you want a much nicer, cheaper and more practical toe peg, this one is superior; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-long-eccentric-folding-toe-peg

Thanks on the Y-pipe/Cat-delete. You should hear the full system with opened air box lid @80 rhwp.

Matthew Nuttall likes this.
  19. Bob Bourget

Bob Bourget Tuned and Synch'ed

Shoot, if I opened my good eye and looked closer on your web-site, those would have been my choice. They'll be more stuff I'm sure!

20. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

I can definitely confirm it sounds amazing.