Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V85TT Mods Thread

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by Faisal, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Michael New

Michael New Just got it firing!

Screen options for the V85TT Travel (2021 euro 5)

Anyone tried the Secdem screen?

secdem.fr/en/catalogue-produit.php?reference=BG012HP

Does the one they advertise for the 2019 fit the 2021?

2. Michael New

Michael New Just got it firing!

V85TT Travel (2021 euro 5) indicators

From behind the OEM indicators are not particulary visible.

Anyone upgraded for better visibility, if so what did you use and how easy were they to fit?

3. Tuono

Tuono Tuned and Synch'ed

Enquiry what's the latest re exhaust modifications and muffler changes, does the Zard can fit 2021 V85?, are there other options?
    MIVV, Arrows or is the only worthwhile option Todds.
    Also has anyone tried removing the air filter box and replace with a cone filter.

Regards

Tuono

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I have yet to see a 2021 in the shop yet, but I'm guessing that the only difference is that they welded the headers to the Y-pipe/Cat. That said, I'm not seeing much online as a range including 2021 for most online mufflers. I've had one guy reach out to ask the same thing as he bought a muffler online and said it didn't fit.
    You wouldn't want to do this until a map is available. I can develop one if anyone here in SoCal is interested in this mod, however a mod'ed air box lid has shown again and again that it is best for off idle and midrange power with very little sacrifice in top end power.

5. Perfpow

Perfpow Just got it firing!

I guess I’m the 2021V85TT guinea pig with regards to exhaust as well as RapidBike Evo installation. I ran into a few problems. The first was that the headers have the large (18mm) bung instead of the newer (12mm) that comes on the 2021. I ran over to the local Harley dealer and got a pair of 18mm-12mm adapters and installed the sensors in the pipes. Next I began the installation of the RapidBike harness. After routing the O2 sensor branches of the harness up front, I found the original O2 sensor plugs buried deep under the steering head at the front were for four-wire O2 sensors not the two-wire ones on the earlier V85s. Maybe I should’ve anticipated this when I did the headers.
    So, I’m not sure if the solution is going to be a pair of old O2 sensors or some type of harness jumpers to adapt to the new style sensors. In the meantime my bike is laid out, inop.
    Has anybody out there dealt with this yet or am I the first? Todd?

6. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

I think you were probably the first - I thought the store was clear on this being available for 19-20 only since the ECU on the 21 is completely different than the 19-20. The RapidBIke tune is built specifically for those model years.

https://gtmotocycles.com/collections/all-products/products/rb-evo-fuel-kit-v85tt

"Get up to 80 RWHP* from your ('19-20 ONLY) V85TT with a GTM mod'ed Rapid Bike EVO add-on module!"

GTM® likes this.
  7. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

No, you are the first. I'm still waiting on RB to tell me the new unit is available. I imagine you'll need a new RB EVO harness. I wouldn't try to go deeper or run it.

8. mikesn5va

mikesn5va Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Bob Bourget - Knight Design does not show those foot pegs fit the V85 TT. Just verifying that they do and you simply ordered the ones they state fit the V7? Thanks!

9. Sam V Napoleon

Sam V Napoleon Tuned and Synch'ed

I have a set of the pegs from my v7iii I’d let go on the cheap if you want them.

10. Bob Bourget

Bob Bourget Tuned and Synch'ed

I "think" they fit the V85TT, Griso and 1200 sport only...

11. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

Just in time for electric vest season here in the Northeast... added a Hella/DIN Powerlet, which is something I've always done for my bikes. Ergonomically, this is an ideal position for the outlet. However, I wish I was a little more careful with the placement, as on the E5 bikes (maybe E4 as well... not sure) the main wire harness for the ECU is directly behind. I knew this going in (was extra careful when cutting the hole to protect the harness) but it ended up being a tighter fit than I anticipated. Once installed, the harness is now laying directly on top of the socket's connector. In hindsight, I probably would have tried to move the position of the socket lower so that getting the ECU harness to pass by it would be a bit easier.
    IMG_2810.JPG

__Jason

TimmyTheHog and GTM® like this.
  12. F.M.

F.M. Just got it firing! GT Contributor

I agree. Do the air block off mod, install a K&N filter and make small cutouts in the airbox lid. Make sure you cut where the incoming air is forced through the filter. Also it is wise to coat the shelf that the air filter sets on with specific air filter sealant. My years desert racing taught me that lesson. Even a little sand, dirt etc leaking in under the filter can be deadly to an engine. Cheers, frank