• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

V9 in 2025

vrtic

Just got it firing!
Hi,

I'm about to pull the trigger on V9 Roamer, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the metallic color.
Do we have any info regarding potential new colors in 2025? Seems like the metallic roamer has been out for some time now. Would be great if they refreshed it a bit :)
Thanks!

Moto Guzzi is really weird about paint. I have never seen advance notice of impending paint colors.

In fact, they have a 100 year history of refusing to release the paint codes or manufacturer of the paint! It’s truly maddening at times. 🤬🤯

Moto Guzzi is really weird about paint. I have never seen advance notice of impending paint colors.

In fact, they have a 100 year history of refusing to release the paint codes or manufacturer of the paint! It’s truly maddening at times. 🤬🤯
Ahh, so no way of knowing what the future brings.
I'm fine with metallic though, as long as they don't discontinue the Roamer in Europe where I live, it will be fine - although judging by USA market, I see that is a possibility as well! The thought makes me anxious to get one as soon as possible, the FOMO is real :wasntme:

I'm about to pull the trigger on V9 Roamer, but to be honest I'm not a huge fan of the metallic color.
Worth a test ride on the Bobber. Maybe test them back to back. The smaller fatter tire size is preferred for handling if that matters to you. We won't know on the colors until later this year at EICMA at the earliest. I suspect the V9 series may be at the end of it's run.

Worth a test ride on the Bobber. Maybe test them back to back. The smaller fatter tire size is preferred for handling if that matters to you. We won't know on the colors until later this year at EICMA at the earliest. I suspect the V9 series may be at the end of it's run.
I was under the impression that the slimmer front tire on the Roamer should perform better for the type of riding I plan to do. Mostly for 2 - 3 day 400 - 500 mile trips around European B roads (I live in the adria part of Europe so my destinations are Italy, Slovenia, Austria, Croatia).
Some reviewers claimed they had to struggle a lot with the bobber's front tire, they said its pretty nervous and their shoulders started hurting from wrestling with it. While the Roamer's sleek tire cuts through the road like through butter.
I'm not interested in flying through corners, I usually keep a steady pace of about 90km/h.

Edit: grammar

If you want a cult bike get a V9
If you want a REALLY cult bike get a Roamer.
In the 4 years I've owned my Roamer, I've only seen one other V9 in the flesh and that was also a Roamer on the Isle of Man

That being said, I seem to ride at a similar pace to you and bike is fine

The limiting factors for me are:-
A) Seat is pretty bad for long rides, but if you can arrange a stop every 60 -90 minutes it's manageable
B) Snatchy throttle is a pain. You can ride around it to some extent, but a remap would be worth considering

If you want a cult bike get a V9
If you want a REALLY cult bike get a Roamer.
In the 4 years I've owned my Roamer, I've only seen one other V9 in the flesh and that was also a Roamer on the Isle of Man

That being said, I seem to ride at a similar pace to you and bike is fine

The limiting factors for me are:-
A) Seat is pretty bad for long rides, but if you can arrange a stop every 60 -90 minutes it's manageable
B) Snatchy throttle is a pain. You can ride around it to some extent, but a remap would be worth considering
Yep, I have a feeling that in Croatia where I live there might be max 5 of them. Never seen one in the flesh yet and been riding pretty extensively over the last few years and went to lots of bike meets.

Do you think that those same issues you noted persist on the 2021+ models?
I see you are riding a '17 Roamer and as I understand lots changed in the 21'+ models.
And do you have any input about two-up riding? I know the bike isn't ideal for it, but both me and missus are slim and relatively short (I'm 170cm, 70kg, she's 162cm, 60kg)

Appreciate you feedback!

Can't help on the 2 up riding as I've not done it an can't comment on the difference between 17 and 21 plate bikes I'm afraid

If the snatchy throttle has been sorted that would be reason enough to go for the newer bike

Hello,

I hope you had the chance to take the Roamer for a test ride and maybe even buy it! It’s true, the V9 is quite rare in Croatia—I’ve only seen it in person once, and we have just one V9 owner in our group. :) Feel free to drop me a private message if you'd like to stay in touch.

Greetings from Zaprešić!

Back