• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

What are these on the LED headlight??

Somehow I managed to loose them and been riding in sunshine with no repercussions LOL

Riding in sunshine? Ok.

Try riding in heavy rain and your outcome will not be so great. Or if you use a hose to wash your bike. Same thing.

The membrane is there to preclude liquid water from entering while simultaneously allowing for air exchange and provide a point for moisture to evaporate out of the housing.

I didn’t design it, I just answered the question and gave an admonition about not messing with it if you want it to do what it was intended to do.

Everything on your motorcycle, has an intended function and purpose.

Abusus Non Tollit Usum.

=======================

Look guys… this is the thing that truly drives me crazy here and really makes me just want to say nothing.

Somebody asks a question. Nobody gives a real answer so I take my valuable time to give the one and only correct and honest answer offered, and then people want to argue anecdotally about the answer I gave. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

You can all do that until the cows come home but I am not interested in playing that game. I have much better things to do with my life.

Question asked. Question answered.

Moving on…

Last edited:
So if you were to gently warm the headlight with a hair blow dryer, NOT a paint stripping heat Gun !
You might be able to get the condensation out ?
That is precisely how you can safely accelerate the moisture to move out of the headlight assembly.

However, if you live in a very damp climate (like anywhere in the UK) then you are going to experience the condensation of the moisture out of the water soaked atmosphere, much more frequently. Nobody uses sealed-halogen bulbs anymore. Welcome to the new era…

FWIW: In case nobody has ever noticed, water hits the hot engine and oil cooler and condensed water vapor immediately forms (it’s not steam, steam is a phase shift of water from liquid to a gas, and it is invisible).

This condensed water vapor is hot and rises, right up under the headlight and instrument cluster, and then…yep. Precisely…

Last edited:
Back