• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Will 1100 Sport wheels fit a California?

Sanders63

Tuned and Synch'ed
I think they will , but I don't know for sure.
Does any body have a spare set?
I thought some one did from a previous post, but I could not find it.
Thanks in advance
Sanders

Hopefully someone will chime in here and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that the front would be a near bolt-on replacement.

The rear is definitely not, requiring a conversion to a 2002 or later wider swing arm to clear the wider rear tire.

Even if the tire clears, you would be in a situation where you would have to remove the rear drive to get the rear wheel out of the narrow earlier swing arm.

HTH

-Jack

I was thinking 96 year model Sport Wheels.
I don't care about the year if they fit.
Could I not run a 130/90 17 or a 140/80 17 or is the wheel to wide and it won't accept the smaller tire sizes ?
I have no answers just questions at this point.
Sanders

They will fit. The front wheel is not a direct bolt on since the V11 sport used the larger hollow axle. Had to use the bearings and spacer from the steel tubeless EV wheel.

The rear wheel requires these mods. Assuming you have the larger swing arm.

https://www.guzzitech.com/forum/166/1079.html

160/17 rear and 120/17 front. Can find these tire sizes anywhere.

Attachments

• DSCN0588.JPG
    DSCN0588.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 728
That looks really good.
I would probably have more changes for the rear, seeing as how I have the more narrow Swing arms.
I appreciate the info. and the link,
Sanders

Sanders, I'd have to say that putting older (or newer) Sport wheels on a '96 Cal would be hugely problematic. You cannot squeeze a smaller tire on a wider rim, no... aside from input spline and spacing issues as shown on the above link. If you update to the '02+ swing arm, it can be done obviously. I'd really just recommend lacing a new set of 17" rims, and chemically sealing them if you want a tubeless set up. If you do attempt it, please do keep us posted here.

Tod,
Thanks for all the input and I guess that I am having to face the fact, that Chemically sealing my spoked wheels for going tubeless would be the most cost efficient.
I am still going to change the Cal. into a more Tour Sport than Cruiser.
I just think the cast wheels would be more in line with the concept.
Thanks to all for the info.
Sanders

Sanders63 said:
Could I not run a 130/90 17 or a 140/80 17 or is the wheel to wide and it won't accept the smaller tire sizes ?
Sanders

The '96 Sport 1100 has an 18-inch rear wheel.

4.25x18

Tire will be a 160/60-18.

rocker59 said:
Sanders63 said:
Sanders

The '96 Sport 1100 has an 18-inch rear wheel.

4.25x18

Tire will be a 160/60-18.

They also do not have the cush drive feature. Got to be rough on the drive line.

Thanks guys,
I have let the sport wheels go for this project.
My options now have become:
1. Seal my spoked wheels, to go tubless ( most cost efficient )
2. Find a set of Cal III wheels that I can afford. ( seems highly doubtful at this point)
3. Try to find late Lemans wheels ( may or may not be be in budget)
But once again thanks for the information :)

If you're not using the '96 wheels, I could. My stock rear is damaged. Any interest in selling? Dennis

Dennis,
If I find wheels to replace my spoked ones then I would be interested, but until I have something to replace them with I need to keep them both.
If I get something I will let you know.
Sanders

Back