• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Winter Project Calamity...SALVATION!!!!

79Spada

Just got it firing!
Well, the engine came all apart complete rebuild, same with the tranny.

It has one of them S&S?? Swiss Uber Sumps on it, with the recessed outsider filter.

Got from Moto International a few years ago...pretty big money...everythings ready to go...

BUT!

I seem to have lost the drain plug...which is a plug/disc assembly that when tightened disappears into the body of the

sump...it seems to have a thread and pitch that no one can decipher. I'd HATE to have to drill and tap it for like some

plumbing fitting. Anyone have an idea as to where maybe I can get a drain plug for it.

If you're familiar with it...recommendations as to what to do, becides ritual suicide, please by all means.

Thanks...

Also maybe, if you have a sump spacer, I can go with that and my stock pan until a solution worthy of the Ubersump

can be rationaly and deliberately be arrived at. Let me know

Now back to completing my new book..."The Winter of My Dispondency"

Re:Winter Project Calamity...

Give them a call on Tuesday (closed Mondays) you never know, don't get to anstie so close to completion.

Re:Winter Project Calamity...

I'm gonna call them, but dont hold out that much hope, after a week of searching for it including vacuuming my garage,

it's starting to look a bit bleak...

I'll be ok though...Thanks for the support.

20mm x 1.5mm pitch...turned out to be a non standard but available plug, like for trucks I guess.

Looks a little industrial with the hex head sticking out...but it's shiney...BWAHAHAHAHA! $2.99 at auto zoo

so it's on!!! Fire it up this weekend.

LOL... That is great news... Vacuumed the garage huh...? :laugh:

So just so you will know, not to add insult to injury but...
That thread just happens to be the same as the Tonti frame swing arm pivots. The reason I know that is... Takes deep breath...

Several years ago while restoring an '81 LeMans (CX100 here) I sent the frame put for powdercoating and instructed the fellow doing the work to cover all openings prior to blast and coating. He agreed to do that. When I got the frame back I discovered that he cover e-v-e-r-y thing EXCEPT the swing arm pivot threaded bosses...! ! ! !

I was a little angry but had to move forward, found a 20mm x 1.5 tap and cleaned the threads.

So, a pivot pin would do it FYI...

Good luck on the engine light off....

Best,
Rob

You dont say!!

http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/14547000.jpg

It's even got the 10mm allen in it like the original piece...I might have to find one and get shortened machined etc...

aesthetically it could be very much more pleasing than the bridge abuttment bolt that i put in it....

brilliant!!! Thanks a bunch.

79Spada wrote:
You dont say!!

http://www.mgcycle.com/images/atrex/14547000.jpg

It's even got the 10mm allen in it like the original piece...I might have to find one and get shortened machined etc...

aesthetically it could be very much more pleasing than the bridge abuttment bolt that i put in it....

brilliant!!! Thanks a bunch.

Yup, let me dig around and find an old one and I'll mail it to you...

radmg < at > myfairpoint < dot > net

I'm gone for the weekend, one last ski gig, but shoot me a note and I'll look for one.

Bridge Bolt... :laugh:

Ciao,
Rob

Back