• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

California mystery project finished

lemans850i

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT di Razza Pura
After over one year of hard work we finally finished my brothers California

What do you think it is we did;

A: converted the engine to diesel fuel injection where the fuel injection pump is located in the head and use the rocker arm to power the fuel injection pump for direct injection into the cylinder.

B: converted the cylinder head to a overhead cam shaft where the camshaft is driven by a Titanium connecting rod driven by a modified “cam” shaft with a throw and linked to the camshaft on top of the cylinder head (NSU max like)

C: installed ridiculously tall valve covers

D: substituted cam shaft for a super high lift cam and extra long valve shafts with double beehive springs per valve. Forged pistons with extra deep valve pockets.

E: misfire cracked cylinder head and blew up valve covers.

Let it rip… D641F378 83BF 4B23 9219 D60930ABBC8D 0320F203 5B55 4CED A0E0 A6CF88E67F98 74E9E4E1 6274 4CF6 92C3 6570E602881D 71B89455 DB6B 4AB2 9F1F 03AFF445907D AC90B355 7AD3 4EB1 9E57 18E4B57A5751

Last edited:
Interesting but...why? :rofl:
My brother is just a fan of tall valve covers… He got a spacer made for the original one… About an inch tall and I said to him I think we can do better than that…
I remembed, there was a company in England who use the Guzzi engines for a Morgan three wheeler replica a long while ago. Back then they got these valve covers casted.
And after a long Search I actually found the guy who did it back then and he still had the #1 and # 2 prototypes of those valve covers - and the condition was accordingly! But the casting was so thick I would guess quarter of an inch wall thickness, we were able to get them smooth and polished and removed the triangle logo on the top. And because being prototypes out of 2 castings, the right and the left left covers are not perfectly identical.
I do think they’re cool, piece of history, and definitely make a visual statement.
And the answer to your question —why?
Because‼️😜🤪

Last edited:
No, why in the world would you want a diesel motorcycle? 🧐🧐🧐
No my friend, you misunderstood!
A, B,C,D and E were just options
to guess what we did.. (joke)
Just C is the correct answer!

Regardless, I did build a diesel bike and it was fun!

Attachments

• 4A87FC15-FFEE-4C08-8A70-D1F59A76FE2C.png
    4A87FC15-FFEE-4C08-8A70-D1F59A76FE2C.png
    820.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 14BED7B9-5383-4C7D-B441-E6026E20FD0A.png
    14BED7B9-5383-4C7D-B441-E6026E20FD0A.png
    644.8 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
I’m so dumb sometimes. I missed the fact that it was a multiple choice quiz.

I really thought you built a diesel and for the life of me I was truly confused.

In my defense, I just returned from a nearly 1600 mile roundtrip in 36 hours, from Lima, Ohio to Charleston, SC and back again.

I was helping my best friend, Mark, go and pickup his new (used) Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT. He loved mine so much he had to have one. 😆😆😆

Now we have matching BMW K1600 GT motorcycles and Ducati Multistrada 1200 GT motorcycles. 😄😄😄.

We love riding these motorcycles very much.

IMG 1844
Mark = White. Scott= Red 😆😁😆

71319755059  8F046B9D 7EBB 47F4 BA1A B627DDF7C50A
Scott’s Multistrada (Red) 😁

71785975828  0630FB94 5E79 4D1A ABAE 65034808EEA8
Mark’s beautiful grey Multistrada. 😄

I’m glad we straighten that out!
You do have quite the tour behind you… cannonball style‼️
Very nice bikes you two got there!

Last edited:
Back