• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2001 Jackal fuel mapping needed

DJSkyhawk

Just got it firing!
Hello everyone this past summer I installed a mistral cross over pipe and slip on mufflers, I pulled the silencers out cause I wanted to really hear the exhaust however, it has lost some low end power and it back fires sometimes, this bike has a very primitive fuel injection system, I need some info and what I can do for new mapping so the bike will run smoothly for next riding season. I have the stock air box, and did the evap cannister delete. Thanks for any advice.

As the owner of this site, which was launched in 2001... I've owned a '00 Jackal from new, see it's evolution HERE. I worked for a decade plus to correct the fueling per THIS.
I don't allow "map" discussions here per the words at the top of every page, but I can offer you my solutions on the link below provided the bike is 100% restored as to all factory operations/settings, and the fuel system 100% including having the injectors professionally cleaned (not injection cleaner). You'll find dozens of discussions on this Forum with a simple search. Also noted at the top of every page.

Oh wow seeing that Jackal turn from a regular cruiser bike to a full blown cafe racer is incredible, I love the build. 👍🏻 So if I am reading it right I order that tool grab the stock ecu file then send it to you? Im still kind of new to this old style of ECU and fuel injection, when I looked at the ECU it looked so old I didn't even know if you could plug anything into it to flash it. The local Guzzi dealer here was no help either all they knew about was new Guzzi's, they looked at me like I was crazy when I told them I had a 2001.

Oh wow seeing that Jackal turn from a regular cruiser bike to a full blown cafe racer is incredible, I love the build. 👍🏻 So if I am reading it right I order that tool grab the stock ecu file then send it to you?
Thanks/appreciated, and that is correct. You'll find a (hopefully capped) 3-pin two wire connector near the ECU. That is the access plug.
But (again), don't ignore my notes. This often can make things worse when the bike isn't as close to 100% as possible, including throttle body balancing. Again, all noted on this Forum.

Back