• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Accessory Availability

Man, you take such a great looking bike like a griso, then ugly it up with a big screen. Me and bren have taken 3 day trips on our griso with the little screen, and did just fine. The little screens main purpose is to protect the instrument pod from weather and crashing, I have validated both.... HTFU :)

But you are so monstrously bloated you make Jabba the Hut look like Kate Moss. Your poor old 1100 is so pitifully slow, even with just you on it, that I'm surprised you can ever coax it to pull in anything higher than 4th gear! And why the clutch hasn't died yet is one of those great imponderables the answer to which is known only to the Gods!!!!! :p

Pete

guzzi jon said:
Man, you take such a great looking bike like a griso, then ugly it up with a big screen. Me and bren have taken 3 day trips on our griso with the little screen, and did just fine. The little screens main purpose is to protect the instrument pod from weather and crashing, I have validated both.... HTFU :)
Not trying to tell others what to do, but I bought MY Griso because of how it looks. There are many bikes that work better but few that look better. I certainly would not mess those looks up with some big ugly screen. I ride mine on long trips and upwards of a buck twenty, I have no trouble holding on to the bike with just the small Guzzi screen (the one that keeps the bug guts off the clocks). I have never understood the people who can't ride long distance/high speed without some large ugly device to deflect the wind/generate turbulence.
Not judging, just sayin....

GuzziMoto said:
guzzi jon said:
Not trying to tell others what to do, but I bought MY Griso because of how it looks. There are many bikes that work better but few that look better. I certainly would not mess those looks up with some big ugly screen. I ride mine on long trips and upwards of a buck twenty, I have no trouble holding on to the bike with just the small Guzzi screen (the one that keeps the bug guts off the clocks). I have never understood the people who can't ride long distance/high speed without some large ugly device to deflect the wind/generate turbulence.
Not judging, just sayin....

I'm with you on this one, the bike doesn't deserve to have a barn door bolted to the front. I find the small flyscreen pretty effective at most realistic (sub 3 figures), sustained touring speeds.

Another question in this thread would be on top cases:

Are there any options? does Givi make a monokey mount for the Griso? Or, would using this kit (http://www.giviusa.com/Fitment-kits/Optionals/E250) make sense in conjunction with the Griso luggage rack? I have an E52 on my Norge. If I could fit it on the Griso for trips, I could secure my laptop there and then use either the Griso side panniers or the HB solution.

Thoughts?

Can anybody comment on or post photos of the Givi screen for the Griso? I know some members have them and I'm wondering how they like the Givi screen. I'm thinking about something like the Givi A750 or A770. Do the Givi screens come with mounting hardware? Bolt right on? Available in red? Can you recommend a dealer in the USA who sells them? The Givi web site has little info and they did not respond to questions that I sent to them. Thanks!

Sorry Mojo, here you go.

Unfortunately, I think they only come in Matte Black, Gloss Black, and Silver. I ordered mine from here:http://www.helmetheadcycle.com/product/1723/givi-a770-universal-windscreen its cheaper than anywhere else. Call for availability first though. They drop ship from Givi's warehouse.

A friend of Porterhouse on the forum here got one and painted his red to match with a rattle can.

The fairing comes with everything except the 2 longer bolts and large washers. for the headlight. I just ran down to the hardware and picked up some longer bolts (8x10mm vs the 8x8mm i believe...ill double check) and some large diameter washers. The bolts I have are not Allen head but larger bolt heads
which I feel spreads out the compression when you tighten it up.

With only the 2 bolts holding it on, I expected wind would push it up a little but I have experienced very little movement. I plan to play around and make a rubber grommet of some sort the next time I play with it just to give it more "grip." Might want to see if you have anything like that which can compress when you put it on.

Sorry, I also wanted to add that I tested this and got the bike up to 123mphwith no movement to the windscreen nor headhsake. Don't plan to go that fast again any time soon though! :)

cjlewis610,

Many thanks for that. Good to know about the windshield.

I'm also thinking of a hard, locking topcase for my laptop (see my previous note in this thread). Any thoughts?

Thanks, cjlewis610. I'll going to order one from Helmet Head, probably a black one or whatever color is available and have it painted. My last 7 motorcycles have all had some sort of a fairing so that's what I'm used to now. My latest faired motorcycle is the Norge and I think that I'm getting spoiled by it!

Back