• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Angeles Crest Open end to end

guzzibob

GT Reference
Effective 5/20. About time. Been closed to through traffic since big time rock slide in 2005. Those who have never run this, time to do so, La Canada to Wrightwood & back. Those who have won't need any encouragement. Approx 65 miles each way of biking glory.

Thanks Bob... Yes, I got the word on Wed. when the Forum was down. Officially open. Word has it that enforcement is at Red Alert for today through Memorial Day. Just FYI... look forward to running it on an "off" day sometime soon. We should gather at the bridge and celebrate.

RR & I did it yesterday morning, and it was great! The road was newly-paved, smooth and clean, while still dusty on either side of the new bridge. If the surrounding area on the "down" side of the road around the bridge holds (turnout just east of it appeared very loosely-packed), the bridge should last through another landslide. The scenery and smells were wonderful!

After breakfast in Wrightwood, we returned at a much more fun pace (at least until went by Newcomb's), as we hadn't seen any black'n'white authority vehicles at all. I'd been playing hooky all morning and needed to return home before *all* of my workday hours were up. All in all, lots of fun and very little traffic. I'm glad we did this yesterday before all the enforcement comes back...

Mike

it was soooooo painful to ride there at or a tic more than the speed limit but wasn't sure what we would come across. The new pavement and brdge were so nice! I'm glad we got this section back...now if they would fix hwy 39 to Angeles Crest...it is so much fun to ride a Guzzi on this road!

Ran it all the way to Wrightwood & back with Dave Gale (KiwiDave) & Wallis, T3, Breva & Scura. How did we live for 4 years without this road? Absolutely glorious up there today. Lunch at the Grizzley Cafe just east of Wriightwood center on Hwy 2, somewhat more upscale-& way better food IMHO-than at the older hangouts in town center. Wonderful weather, new but not so new as to be oily pavement. Except for a couple of Sheriff SUV's that don't usually bother us, only LEO was CHP about 3/4 way from Newcomb's to Wrightwood at site of crack up by dimwit Duck rider. I say dimwit cause road pretty open at that point, likely he did something stupid (or one of his bud's did to him) to wind up on the ground.

Think I'll likely take the 1000S up there tomorrow.

Bob, Bob, Bob,

C'mon......don't keep us in suspense.......The waiting is killing us....your public needs to know.........

IS IT SAFE????????????

Ran it again today end to end & back with the 1000S. That thing is running better than it ever has now at 74,000 miles, thanks to top end refresher from Sean at MG Classics (post to follow), plus my gradual improvement of carb jetting from ongoing experimentation. Now runs great from sea level where I live up to 7-8000 feet up Angeles Crest. Another glorious day up there. Taking a break tomorrow, got things to do, but maybe I'll take the Norge up there Wednesday, then the Miata thursday. Heaven on 2 or 4 wheels.

Is it safe? From what? Safe enough for me. Not for the 2 additional crashes, this time rice rockets I saw up there today. Like yesterday, not at places I would have found understandable. What is the matter with these people?

Bob, keep me posted if you run it on Wed. We need to do this as a group, for a celebration and for the Annual Dr. Know Memorial Ride.

Ummmm, guess I'm not running it today, at least not end to end. Might Thurs or Friday. If you are thinking of some kind of group or memorial thing, shouldn't there be rather more than a few hours notice? Also, mid week is fine-even better, really-by me, but not for most others. Or, maybe you're thinking you might join me some random weekday, & addition you'll plan a group thing down the road?

Group thing for a Memorial will be under separate heading.

Yes, I was thinking of just running it midweek... like you already have, that I knew nothing about until afterwards. ;)

I rode it end to end yesterday on the EV. The road is very nice.
I expected a high level of LE but saw very little. A fair amount of bikes were out and all seemed to be riding on the conservative side.

Back