• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Audace Euro 4 mapping

Ken Wantje

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So as spring approaches I am considering uploading the new map available for Euro 4 emissions bikes, such as the Audace. I'm not very happy with the performance below 3000 RPM and from what I have been told, the new map will be a big improvement in that RPM range. My question is, has anyone had personal experience with this new map, and has it improved since it's creation or is this still in it's first iteration?

Thanks!

If you want fuel mapping that actually works and will change the character of the motorcycle, then you need to look at Todd's offerings (GTM) in the STORE.

You get what you pay for. Trust me.

Thanks Scott. Ken, this seems to be a topic you keep trying to post on for an easy answer. I have copy/pasted my words from another section below. Per Scott’s words above, see for yourself; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-gtm-modded-cal-14-dyno-vs-stock.13773/

A fact to start: No stock Guzzi ECU/F.I. system is fully adaptive, nor can 99% of the dealers do anything to help as they are mostly factory map/warranty restricted. If you modified your bike, it will NOT adapt. Even completely stock, fuel mapping is set up for emissions, not the health and longevity of your motor. They will run poorly and hot, just a fact of an air-cooled engine running in modern times. Remember air-cooled is reliant on fueling to cool it; Your motor is fuel-cooled in large. This can reduce operating temps significantly. Also note, that the stock system is developed to handle elevation and temp changes using the stock sensors once a good base map is established.
Warranty: ANY modifications to your bike will technically void the warranty. It is up to your dealer... Call them and ask using logic and the facts above.
We will not discuss any other means of ECU flashing here, do not ask or post on it. We have been Guzzi-focused with this since 2001. You get what you pay for.

So as spring approaches I am considering uploading the new map available for Euro 4 emissions bikes, such as the Audace. I'm not very happy with the performance below 3000 RPM and from what I have been told, the new map will be a big improvement in that RPM range. My question is, has anyone had personal experience with this new map, and has it improved since it's creation or is this still in it's first iteration?

Thanks!
Why bother? Your bike is already running aftermarket pipes. Waste of time looking at stock maps. You need wideband 02 dynamic fueling.

Morning Ken….answering your question regarding mapping, there is no update from any manufacturer that will cope with the new euro laws and the fitment of aftermarket end-cans or exhausts.

In fact there is a law currently in discusssion in the UK to stop ANY tampering with stock settings, ecu,emission control and exhausts. These laws are in place in other EU countries and the manufacturer/s will not disobey any EU rules by releasing updates (the type of which you want) for fear of losing their type approval.

It is left to enterprising dedicated mechanics and race shops to exploit what is currently on offer. Ducati will sell you a race ecu, exhaust pipe and software for their Panagale but that will be another 7500 gbp and invalidates your insurance as it race only.

If you were in the outer reaches of Eastern Europe or India, I would understand as the work would be done by a guy in a vest, smoking a knarled cigar and working in his basement with wires and a coat hanger trying to bypass the ecu and sensors. But you are in the US and there are well versed options ….best of which the GTM unit and the continual monitoring system

If its cost…I totally understand as I have had ecu(s) re flashed over here in the UK many times…but they are a one hit wonders, never changing from what is written from the information given. They also tend to get over ridden when the bike goes back on the Main Dealer diagnostic system. I had a VW V10 Touareg R50 chipped with aftermarket exhaust and every time it came back from the dealer I had to reflash.

Chose those who know and who stand by their work……there is no cheap fix that works….use the correct people.

The GTM fuelling system seems …..by all reports to tick every box and if mods are needed to the map…they offer a continual ongoing support…..you cannot find that service generally…..I know.

I am in the UK…don’t really understand computers…I don’t even want to recover my key code as I’m fearful of screwing it up for jeez sake…but I like dynos and mechanical whirly moving things…electronics to me, is like dating my sister…ends in tears…so I won’t do it.

So here is what I did"……

I spent 400 gbp on a re flash another 350 on the Dyno …250 on new dynamic sensing units and a further 150 on setting everything up…and then another 150 on more Dyno runs………that’s because I like control and I like trying to figure stuff out.
It would have far better to straight to GTM and bought their product had it not been for the 20 percent import duties levied on US to UK trade and my lack of computer skills added to my engineering ‘lets see how this works‘ approach.

I bought the California 1400 as it was the last big block ‘simple engine design’….or so I thought.
Little did I know it had Fly by Wire throttle, Secondary Air Supply pumps, Cold Circuit, extra heavy strangling exhausts and crazy emission control ….all of which actually damage an engine from an engineering efficiency point of view

I did buy the full GTM C1400 touring exhaust….and it is a superb piece of engineering

The best analogy I can offer is….I buy the best widely known make tyres I can afford……never the cheap Indian home market tyres that are a third of the price…..my biking miles are limited as I get older…why spoil them with a cheaper variant.

I hope that this helps you……if I were in the US and comfortable with.computers I’d buy the GTM fuelling system and meet
Scott to recover my key code!

Thanks

Gavin
The Scottish Engineer

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies. I do understand and yet it does frustrate me. I've been a mechanic and an electronics guy for 40 years. I like having control over the way my vehicles run and its very frustrating that this amazing motorcycle has so much more potential if was released from these restrictive emissions settings!

When you understand and have experienced air quality issues of epic proportions over the last 40 years…

Google "LA air quality comparison photos", and it becomes painfully clear.

Euro 5 standards are here to stay and they now define the required motorcycle fuel injection setup for the world, going into the future.

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for your replies. I do understand and yet it does frustrate me. I've been a mechanic and an electronics guy for 40 years. I like having control over the way my vehicles run and its very frustrating that this amazing motorcycle has so much more potential if was released from these restrictive emissions settings!
As Scott states above, OEMs hands are tied with global emission concerns (likely/largely unfounded in the 2-wheel segment, but I digress)... Which is why everything is headed towards electric, so enjoy it while you are above the dirt as they say.
I, like you, struggled for answers/solutions, and as such spent the last 21 years focused on Guzzi injection. You can use my knowledge/products, or try and reinvent the wheel. ;)
Everything is painfully expensive these days, including electrics. You can research via Google and go down the rabbit hole of ignorance with some freeware and risk your ECU getting bricked, if you so choose to, so up to you there. I do NOT allow discussion of this here.

Back