• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Audace Igntion/Immoblizer Issue

Ken Wantje

Cruisin' Guzzisti
So today I went to start the Audace and when I turned the key the instrument panel lit up as usual but there was no response from the starter button. I ride every day and had just parked it the night before, washed it and all seemed good. I checked all of the usual suspects, in neutral, yes, engage the clutch lever, still no start. Checked the battery, fully charged. At this point I figured it was the ignition switch after reading the many postings on this issue. I disassembled ignition switch and found that the springs and the copper tabs were operating as they should. At this point I plugged the switch back in, but without connecting the key switch assembly and I turned the switch with a screwdriver, at this point the instrument panel lit up and began requesting a code. I have never entered a code since I've owned the bike so I assumed it would clear but since there was no signal from the key switch I believe the ECU engaged the immobilizer and shut everything down. Now I have no response from the the instruments when turning on the key. How can I reset the immobilizer? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my primary transportation. At 40k miles this bike has never been to the dealer or any shop. I'm hoping I can remedy this myself....

The dash asked for a user code. If you don't know it, that may be an issue. Just to try a reset, disconnect the battery and tie the positive and negative leads together for about 15 minutes. Re-connect and give it a try. Remember disconnect negative first from the battery, and connect negative last.

Good advice, thank you. I have just disconnected the battery and will let it discharge. Regarding the code, I never set up a user code, which in retrospect was probably not a good idea. There must be a default code for the immobilizer other than the "service code" of 34534.

Good advice, thank you. I have just disconnected the battery and will let it discharge. Regarding the code, I never set up a user code, which in retrospect was probably not a good idea. There must be a default code for the immobilizer other than the "service code" of 34534.
I set the user code the same as the maintenance/service code. Just one number to remember!

Mine is easy to remember. Both of my Guzzis that take a security code have the same last numbers in the VIN. On top of that they are the same as the last digits of my SSN. What are the odds of that? Maybe I should go get a lottery ticket.
kk

Yes, and would assume that the factory 00000 will work. My V100 has the same thing. I thought I had entered my new code but I must have done something wrong. It was still showing the 5 zeros. I entered my new code again and all was well. Try again, it is a little confusing, if you don't end the procedure properly the new code won't be accepted.
kk

Back