• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Battery life new V100?

Me too! I’ve been so excited about this girl but she is giving me a run for my money! Seems like we mostly all are having the same recurring issues.

Truly unfortunate.

Makes an otherwise wonderful motorcycle, highly irritating.

Scott,
I measured 38 milliamps on mine, key off, sat overnight without trickle charger. Sounds like you have much more leakage. Maybe get a small clamp on ammeter on yours and start pulling fuses?

I’m going to check it out upon my return but I sure the hell am not fixing it! That’s what a 4 year warranty was purchased for.

Besides, the only item it could be is the dash, unless there is a short to ground in the loom. God I hope not!

Luckily, I have a couple other motorcycles to ride. 😆

I thought you always leave all your motorcycles on a battery tender.
I need to buy a few more. Some have died after 10+ years and I have a few more bikes than I used to. 😁

This has happened to me once early on (back in January) soon after having taken delivery from Pro Italia, and while I was attempting to learn all the control button sequences for controlling/altering the dash's displays/functions. Hooked it up to my Optimate 1 for the overnight trickle charge. This might have happened again while the bike had its "vacation" away from me at PI this January through mid=May. I know now not to do what I did back then... And I too will start checking fuses.

UPDATE:

So the v100S went down to Cadre Cycle again after killing two Yuasa factory batteries and a top of the line lithium battery. All batteries were drained to 0 volts within a few days.

After extensive parasitic load testing, it turns out that my motorcycle also has a dashboard that goes dark, as if it is off, but it continues to draw 0.6 AMPS continuously, until the battery is drained to 0 volts.

Moto Guzzi has approved a new dash installation with the part being ~$700 retail.

While she is waiting for this, they are also determining the cause of a front engine oil leak.

I hope and pray that they get everything properly sorted once and for all.

I constantly remind myself that these are gremlins and this is a whole new model and this is why a retired professional motorcycle mechanic purchased the 4 year factory warranty. 😩

She only has 1,109 original miles and between the original owner (who threw in the towel at 834 miles) she has been in the service bay, 8 times. 🤬🤯🥵

Dear V100S, I want to fall back in love with you like I felt the day we met, but you need to stop busting my balls. Please. Thank you very much. 🧐

Last edited:
Full marks for perseverance but why the heck Moto Guzzi couldn't have got these issues sorted before the bikes were released into the wild? Touch wood I've not had any of the common issues so far as my dealer was proactive in dealing with known ones. What I do have is some sort of minor oil leak from "somewhere". I'm assured that it's fine to ride the bike and oil level appears unchanged but although the issue is minor to fix it requires removal of the engine! I'm scheduled to return to sea at the beginning of August and the dealer says to bring the bike in just before I go and they'll sort it out in the 3 months or so that I will be away. All under warranty of course.
Best of luck with you battery issue. Don't think you are alone with it!

Thank you very much.

The dash issue was a known problem in some units but I was erroneously under the impression that they knew which units were affected.

Mine has the exact same problem.

I am 100% convinced that all of these annoying issues, which seem to be wildly random, as some units have already 10,000+ miles with ZERO issues and many others like mine are plagued with issue after issue, can be sourced directly to the now widespread use of garbage Chinese components.

The breaking rear shocks are a prime example.

I’d wager that all of these components that have exhibited failures, are 100% Chinese made crap!

For me, this is the last new “modern” Moto Guzzi I will ever purchase, and if they don’t get it sorted out straight away, she’s going to be leaving the Moto Migliori pretty damn quick.

I am just throughly disgusted at these unbelievable issues. All because of this asinine globalization horseshit.

When are companies going to realize that getting in bed with the Chinese is the kiss of death. You will get screwed over every single time by those smiling bastards who do nothing but lie lie lie.

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Moto Guzzi approved a new dash and is drop shipping it from the factory via DHL.

Cadre Cycle has re tightened the forward engine bolts which were contributing to the oil leak. It was literally a vapor droplet oil leak and they expect it to be resolved and will test it after they install the new dash when it arrives.

I'm very pleased with Cadre Cycle and how they are taking care of me. 🙏🙏🙏

The rear shocks are made by KYB ( Japanese ) and Olins ( Part owned by Yamaha ). The shock breakages were not poor quality components but incorrect assembly.
Exactly, that’s worth pointing out to separate part quality from assembling niggles.
This is part of my confidence of the brand new V100 platform.
Practically all parts are already existing on other bikes, besides the engine case and swing arm/drive shaft.
E.g. the dash and handle bar switches are used on Aprilias and Piaggos already.
Unique parts like the engine case and drive shaft are not new inventions either.
It’s the total package and visual design that makes the V100.

However assembling niggles aren’t welcome in any way, but it is a brand new product for the factory so critics are right in that respect to wait a year before ordering their own new V100.
But if loose screws and bolts are the only major risk, well then don’t be overly worried, because brand new design and platforms from other brands encounters the same, no?
Anyhow take care guys, and enjoy riding your Guzzi 👍

Last edited:
UPDATE:

Moto Guzzi approved a new dash and is drop shipping it from the factory via DHL.

Cadre Cycle has re tightened the forward engine bolts which were contributing to the oil leak. It was literally a vapor droplet oil leak and they expect it to be resolved and will test it after they install the new dash when it arrives.

I'm very pleased with Cadre Cycle and how they are taking care of me. 🙏🙏🙏
Nice to hear Scott!
We hope this was the easy solution to get your bike fixed 🙂
I guess the factory will handle their RMA’s and change some torque settings here and there in the assembling line to sort out those niggles.
The dash is used by other Aprilias so the V100 should not differ from those, although you had an unfortunate issue with yours.
Cheers, and I wish you a continued love affair with your V100. 😇

Update:

So picked up my V100S yesterday ftom Cadre Cycle.

As you may remember, my motorcycle was draining the batter to 0 volts in about 3-4 days maximum! It killed 2 OEM Yuasa batteries as well as a Lithium one as well.

After diagnosis, it was determined that although the TFT display was going "dark", it wasn't actually shutting down and continued to draw nearly 1 amp constant parasitic drain!

Those digital dashes are way cool but God are they power pigs!

A new dash was sent direct from the factory in Mandello del Lario via DHL. (Moto Guzzi is actually getting fairly responsive lately! 🙏)

Once installed, there was no parasitic draw by the TFT any longer after shutting off.

Yeah!!!

They also tightened the engine cases in the front and eliminated the oil leak.

🙏🙏🙏

Hopefully she will remain problem free from now on!

🤞🤞🤞

🎉🕺💃🎈YAY!!! Great news Scott! I’m with you - hope it’s a reliable ride going forward (we “know” it’ll be fun😉)! Keep us updated🤞.

🎉🕺💃🎈YAY!!! Great news Scott! I’m with you - hope it’s a reliable ride going forward (we “know” it’ll be fun😉)! Keep us updated🤞.

Thank you very much.

I sure hope so! I want to fall madly back in love with this drop dead gorgeous motorcycle!

Back