• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Bleeding an 11 hundred Griso clutch slave cylinder or such

Jotaman

Just got it firing!
Howdy Ho,
Long time listener first time caller :)

I've got an 08 Griso and am experiencing excessive travel on the clutch lever, along with a lack of consistency on the clutch actuation, my hope was to bleed the issue out, but for the life of me i cannot see how the bleed the bugger in any of the manuals (i've found the dual tubes on the slave cylinder but stopped there - lazy), so my question is - are you able to bleed em or am i faced with a 'design revolution'.

Cheers

Peter

Re: Bleeding an 11 hundred Griso clutch slave cylinder or su

Take off the seat and on the left hand side of the airbox you'll see a braided steel tube with a bleed nipple on the end. That's the clutch bleed, easily accessible.

If the pull of the clutch is varying or getting either noisy or harder stop riding immediately and replace the thrust bearing and cup with part# 976696. assemble with lots o' grease.

I'm assuming this is an early 8V?

Whoops, sorry. Just saw it was an 1100. In that case unless you are very nluck of the clutch has been horribly abused most likely bleeding it will fix the problem.

pete

Sorry to hijack the thread, Peter. I have a keyboard wrenching question.

Pete, do we pull the clutch bleed nipple from the holder through the bottom of the side panel or do we need to remove the rear cowl to gain access to the bleed nipple?

Phang

Hey Pete,
Nice :), I'll sort it in the morning: i was hoping it would be Guzzi simplicity :D

Hey Phang: no probs man, all good for us Sunny Singapore Guzzi chaps :)

Cheers

Peter

All done an dusted - simple and sweet,the only remaining issue i have is the extent of pre actuation travel now :roll: not the best methinks.
I've been riding my 71 750 (ambassador) and unbelievably she appears a more refined unit to the Griso - the backlash is one issue but the over blown nature of the throttle bodies is a tad OTT (IMHO).

Need to get some good oil on the rear suspension settings - finding it hard to get a nice balance with the front end (advice greatly appreciated).

Cheers

Peter

1200 Sport Clutch lever travel

Since my question is similar I figured I'd just piggy-back on this topic, we'll see how that goes.

I have a 2008 1200 Sport and the clutch seems to engage at the end of the lever travel. The action may be no different than it ever was but I've recently been riding my KTM a lot and the clutch takes up very close to the bar so at the beginning of the lever travel so it feels strange to jump back onto the Guzzi.

Just to be safe I've bled the clutch but noticed no difference.

I feel no slipping in the clutch and the bike rides fine, I'm just finding it a bit odd switching between the bikes and it is difficult to be smooth with the clutch travel being so long.

So is there an issue or is the only issue between my ears? I've had the bike since new and haven't abused the clutch any more than normal.

Re: 1200 Sport Clutch lever travel

Bisbonian said:
Since my question is similar I figured I'd just piggy-back on this topic, we'll see how that goes.

I have a 2008 1200 Sport and the clutch seems to engage at the end of the lever travel. The action may be no different than it ever was but I've recently been riding my KTM a lot and the clutch takes up very close to the bar so at the beginning of the lever travel so it feels strange to jump back onto the Guzzi.

I feel no slipping in the clutch and the bike rides fine, I'm just finding it a bit odd switching between the bikes and it is difficult to be smooth with the clutch travel being so long.

So is there an issue or is the only issue between my ears? I've had the bike since new and haven't abused the clutch any more than normal.

Don't squeeze the clutch all the way in when you shift. Just slight preload on the shifter then just enough clutch release to change gears. Try it, you will like it.

Re: 1200 Sport Clutch lever travel

john zibell said:
Bisbonian said:

Don't squeeze the clutch all the way in when you shift. Just slight preload on the shifter then just enough clutch release to change gears. Try it, you will like it.

If my clutch action is normal that's probably how I used to do it, changing back and forth may be causing me more problems than anything else.

Back