• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

bobo

RJVB

GT Reference
(bobo is a small pain in French)

Not so long after I started riding the Norge, I developed a vague pain on the inside of my right elbow that was diagnosed on the period incarnation of this board as a golfer's elbow. Regular application of Voltaren balm reduced the symptoms, and with time they just faded.

I've never found the clutch particularly light, and despite that my hands aren't exactly small, my fingers are proportionally short, esp. the ring and pinky fingers. I think this explains why I have, since a while now, a sore left thumb base joint, esp. on the palm side. This too seems to react to Voltaren, but it hasn't gone away during my recent 1.5 months or so off the bike, so maybe something else is going on (too).

Is this a known (Guzzi) bobo that has a pet name?

More importantly, what options are there to make the clutch operation a bit lighter, or requiring pulling the lever over a shorter distance? I'm going to be getting a new clutch lever, so I might be able to talk my dealer into getting me a Pazzo lever (price is about the same as the Guzzi/Brembo items). I recall that something can be done to the piston but that was rather intrusive and delicate — or is it just a question of mounting a larger piston? I hear this is done on Ducatis.

Good to be riding again, though!

Rene;

The Pazzio levers are great and they will adjust in closer then stock, When you install them you have to transfer the actuating rod from the old to the new and the instructions say to carefully measure the length of the old and transfer the same measurement to the new. However I believe you can even get the lever in closer by installing the the rod to a shorter length on the new. Have you or ever had the clutch system bled ? I only have to bring in the lever between 1/8 to 1/4 inch to disengage the clutch to up shift or down shift, so I don't see outside of holding it all the way to the grip at a stop (which you don't really have to do) why you are experiencing stress on your hand.. If the clutch has never been bled then I would do or have that done first.

FWIW I went with the long levers.

P2142080.jpg

Thanks Dan. Sounds like it might also work to modulate the length of that rod with a Brembo lever??

Actually, I think that issue for me is not so much holding the clutch against the grip, but rather pulling it in, letting it out a bit, the sort of thing you do when you're not alone on the road ... and then have to work the turn signals too (esp. in a right-hander turn...)

Erm, I'd love to be able to ... but over here one is rarely alone on the road.

Ever try to negotiate city or start-stop traffic without a clutch?

I have. It's wonderful. Except that it requires an automatic gearbox like on my gf's scooter ;)

Back