• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva one key no code

Well here's a new twist to the drama, I now have 2 keys that work but when I try to dial in a new code the system tells me that it doesn't recognize the second key, doesn't matter which one I put in first, this is all getting a little wearisome. Any one have an idea?

Whoops!! a minor problem, I now have 2 keys that work, however when I try to change the code the system tells me that it doesn't recognize the second key, it doesn't matter which one I put in first, dose any one have a thought?

Check and see if it does the same thing when you insert the same key twice. I bet the dash thinks the second key is the first since the new key is a clone.

Dash will need to be re-programmed. See the other threads about this. Just because you halve a key cloned, doesn't mean the dash recognizes two keys. Without the user code people are screwed in the regard. I wouldn't purchase a bike without 2 different keys, or being informed of the user code.

I thought I might try taking the new key back to the locksmith and have him clear the chip and then attempt to have the bike program the new key using Not Fishing's method of using the service code. Can any one tell me the routine for doing this, the service manual is very unclear and I can't find the down load on the AFI site as suggested by Not fishing. thanks jim.

I thought I might try taking the new key back to the locksmith and have him clear the chip and then attempt to have the bike program the new key using Not Fishing's method of using the service code. Can any one tell me the routine for doing this, the service manual is very unclear and I can't find the down load on the AFI site as suggested by Not fishing. thanks jim.

Unless the service code is the user code it won't work. I think you already tried that. The only way to recover the user code is with two different recognized keys, you know the original user code, or you bite the bullet and have the dash re-programmed.

Hi Not-fishing.

You said earlier (see below) that you were able to program new keys using the service code, this is not supposed to work? I wonder if you owners code has been set the same as the service code. Thanks jim.

Thanks John. It seemed to work for Not -fishing further up this page, but perhaps he's owner code was set same as the service code, I'll ask him.

Any clues on having the dash re-programmed???
I just went through this with my Griso 1100 and here's what I learned.

You can buy the blank keys, the "internal cut" keys from the Dealer for about $75 per key then $ 35 along with leaving the bike for a couple of days to have the Dealer cut & program the key.

Next alternative is you can send your key overnight, insured for say $1,500, to the locksmith in Texas and he will supply the blank and cut the key. Check on prices but he may be the cheapest.

Jason Damron
J&B Lock &Key
619 West Main St
Tomball, TX 77375
281-351-5625

Third option is you buy a pair of keys like I did from AF1 Racing with transponder chip ($115 or so). Then you get to find a locksmith to cut the keys for about $20 each (the blanks are nickle-brass which will not hurt the locksmith's $100 bit). Then program your key yourself. AF1 has the details on their website as a download when you "view" their keys. For "code" requests use the service code each time (for the 06 Breva Sport it's 36421, for the Breva/Norge it's 28315). Please be aware that you have to have all your keys ready for the Computer to "learn" because the window is only 20 seconds per key. I have "taught" my Griso for three keys because I'm old and tend to misplace things. The advantage to doing the work for the key this way is you don't have to give up you're key to anyone so there is no riding down time.

If none of these work for some reason there is a final correction but it entails pulling the computer and sending it along to the locksmith to have the keys made. Not a happy place but better than the nuclear option of replacing all the locks and the Computer.

Hi Not-fishing.

You said earlier (see below) that you were able to program new keys using the service code, this is not supposed to work? I wonder if you owners code has been set the same as the service code. Thanks jim.

Thanks John. It seemed to work for Not -fishing further up this page, but perhaps he's owner code was set same as the service code, I'll ask him.

I didn't try to change the Owner's Code and I don't know but it is probable that the Owner's code and Service Code are one in the same.

All I cared about is getting another key that would start my Griso because I tend to be forgetful about where the key is when I'm off the bike.

Thanks John and thanks Not fishing. I guess it's come down to Carmo, there OZ site takes you straight to the European address, which doesn't matter it's a very small world these days, I'll let you know what they have to say.

GuzziJimbo, Well that's a better price than replacing the dash. Why not just get a couple more cloned keys and forget the having a user code? Only the service code for diagnostics. It might be better just to get a new dash, investing in an old dash that may crap out at any time is a risky investment.

John, I searched for reprogramming dash and only found this thread. I thought that that only keys can be recognized/memorized and the user code changed when the original keys are available.

Rafael,

If the immobilizer antenna fails, you need the user code to start the bike. I read about Carmo in another thread, that is how I knew to look for them. If your first search terms don't hit on what you want, try similar parameters. Computers only look for what you tell them, not for what you want. If you search on "no user code" you get many hits.

Hi Rafael.

John answered the ?uestion, I also read in a thread where a particular bike was asking for the code every year or so, I thought if mine is going to try that trick it will surly wait until I'm a 1000 miles west of no where. The good news is that I have tracked down the original owner and left a message for him to ring, also have the name of the dealer who sold the bike originally, so I'm in with a chance.

A mate of mine has bought 2 new Brevas from this dealer and knows nothing of codes, he say he was asked did he want a "pin" (code) he said no. I suspect the dealer has plonked in a code to stop the questions from the dash with out understanding the implications of his actions.

Thanks John, did a wider search still couldn't find the answer to my question. But found it above on this thread. I'm cross eyed sometimes.
Jimbo, good luck with original owner. Yeah it's kinda a PTA when customers know more than the dealer. $320 is too much to reprogram the dash. The key is no big deal you've already done that. I suggest just plan on buying a new dash if the immobilizer goes out.

I gonna post on the aprilia forum to find out what kind of connector is on the 1200 Caponord dash, it's only $300 new. It would just need an adapter mount plate if the connector is the same. Maybe?? I don't need an analog needle.

Oh, I looked up the price of the stelvio dash, suspecting it would be cheaper than a B11 dash because it only has one stepper motor and wow double heart attack. Add a hundred bucks for each missing needle. Just looked up a griso KM/hr dash - $333, not bad, maybe it's worth a try.

I'm not sure if a user code is entered on my Breva 11. I have just one key that I'm extremely careful about. Have wondered about getting another but not got round to it. I have had instrument problems and removed the board for repair once and recently with a poor connection on the connector block. When ever the power is removed and reapplied by unplugging and replugging the connector, I get a message asking me to enter the user code. Does this mean that one has not been set?

I'm not sure if a user code is entered on my Breva 11. I have just one key that I'm extremely careful about. Have wondered about getting another but not got round to it. I have had instrument problems and removed the board for repair once and recently with a poor connection on the connector block. When ever the power is removed and reapplied by unplugging and replugging the connector, I get a message asking me to enter the user code. Does this mean that one has not been set?

Yes, if you can enter a code you know (many use the service code) do it. It could save you from problems later.

I just went through this with my Griso 1100 and here's what I learned.

You can buy the blank keys, the "internal cut" keys from the Dealer for about $75 per key then $ 35 along with leaving the bike for a couple of days to have the Dealer cut & program the key.

Next alternative is you can send your key overnight, insured for say $1,500, to the locksmith in Texas and he will supply the blank and cut the key. Check on prices but he may be the cheapest.

Jason Damron
J&B Lock &Key
619 West Main St
Tomball, TX 77375
281-351-5625

Third option is you buy a pair of keys like I did from AF1 Racing with transponder chip ($115 or so). Then you get to find a locksmith to cut the keys for about $20 each (the blanks are nickle-brass which will not hurt the locksmith's $100 bit). Then program your key yourself. AF1 has the details on their website as a download when you "view" their keys. For "code" requests use the service code each time (for the 06 Breva Sport it's 36421, for the Breva/Norge it's 28315). Please be aware that you have to have all your keys ready for the Computer to "learn" because the window is only 20 seconds per key. I have "taught" my Griso for three keys because I'm old and tend to misplace things. The advantage to doing the work for the key this way is you don't have to give up you're key to anyone so there is no riding down time.

If none of these work for some reason there is a final correction but it entails pulling the computer and sending it along to the locksmith to have the keys made. Not a happy place but better than the nuclear option of replacing all the locks and the Computer.
I have to enter an update on this.. just spoke to Loren Henry, who took over this shop when Jason Damron died a couple years ago. The new name of the shop is Affordable Locksmith.. same address and phone number. Loren is concerned that we now address our keys to the newly named business to avoid problems. Loren assures me he can clone and grind our keys, as well as sell us blanks and install chips to our requirements, as well as electronically read them afterwards to make sure all the functionality of the original transfers to the spares he prepares. Hope this helps someone here.

Back